Girls, Whats the deal? On a break, Talk everyday, never meet up, Unsure of the situation... Hellp?

Anonymous
Girl I was dating said we were moving too fast and wants some time to work on herself... Starting from the very next day she was texting me.

Now I realize that she has 2 jobs, a kid, lots of responsibilities, and has had awful luck with men. When we took this break or whatever you want to call it, I was under the impression there would be no contact. I'm willing to give her time to get her life together and not smother her, however, I'm trying to figure out what the point of talking everyday is if I never see her. I haven't been talking to or seeing anyone else since her. Not because I can't get women, but more so not being interested in anyone else at the moment.

This has been going on for about a month. I've tried twice to meet up with her. Both times she was busy but said she wanted to see me too? Our conversations aren't that far off from when we were dating. Maybe she just has too much on her plate? Am I wasting my time here? I do care a lot about her and would like a future with her. What is the best way to handle this?

1