How do handle a breakup?

My boyfriend and I had a fight. We were both wrong, but he didn't want to own up to his bullshit while I did. I wanted to talk it out, but he refused. Gave me a half assed apology, just to disrespect me and talk down on me. Told him that the ball is in his court and that he needs to communicate our issues, and that if he ends it I wouldn't care. He then texts me to pack up his stuff and that he's coming by to get it later. Hasn't showed up yet, but I'm hurting. What do I do? I was always the one communicating for the both of us. It can't always be one sided.
*How TO handle a break up** autocorrect changed my words.
Our relationship last 2.5 years.

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that is tough, as I see your comment that you dated 2 and 1/2 years. Nice of you to own up to your end of the deal but too bad he didn't own up to his. Perhaps this relationship has gone its course and it is time to move on? As someone once told me, sometimes life is about "letting go".

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah maybe that's it. Do you think he would come around? You're a guy lol tell me something I can hang onto.

Most Helpful Girl

• The best way to handle a breakup or preferably not let fights lead to a breakup in the first place, is for both parties to put their pride aside and be able to discuss the issue in addition to possible resolutions in a reasonable manner.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So then how do I get my boyfriend back if he's not willing to talk out anything?

• hmm okay I guess it's best to just leave the relationship in the past to the best of your ability. Hang out with friends. Engage in some of your hobbies. Anything to get your mind off of him and how things ended.

• Okay I'll try, thank you