How do handle a breakup?

My boyfriend and I had a fight. We were both wrong, but he didn't want to own up to his bullshit while I did. I wanted to talk it out, but he refused. Gave me a half assed apology, just to disrespect me and talk down on me. Told him that the ball is in his court and that he needs to communicate our issues, and that if he ends it I wouldn't care. He then texts me to pack up his stuff and that he's coming by to get it later. Hasn't showed up yet, but I'm hurting. What do I do? I was always the one communicating for the both of us. It can't always be one sided.
Updates:
*How TO handle a break up** autocorrect changed my words.
Our relationship last 2.5 years.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that is tough, as I see your comment that you dated 2 and 1/2 years. Nice of you to own up to your end of the deal but too bad he didn't own up to his. Perhaps this relationship has gone its course and it is time to move on? As someone once told me, sometimes life is about "letting go".

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah maybe that's it. Do you think he would come around? You're a guy lol tell me something I can hang onto.

Most Helpful Girl

• The best way to handle a breakup or preferably not let fights lead to a breakup in the first place, is for both parties to put their pride aside and be able to discuss the issue in addition to possible resolutions in a reasonable manner.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So then how do I get my boyfriend back if he's not willing to talk out anything?

• Show All
    • hmm okay I guess it's best to just leave the relationship in the past to the best of your ability. Hang out with friends. Engage in some of your hobbies. Anything to get your mind off of him and how things ended.

• Okay I'll try, thank you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• If your guy isn't putting in any effort and still isn't knowing that he could possibly lose you for good and clearly doesn't care, he's not worth your time and it's for the best that it's not working out between the two of you. Sure it will hurt you for a while, but just know you deserve better.

1|0
    0|0
  • "It can't be one sided"... It sounds like it has always been and hats never how it should've been. Breaking up now will suck balls, but the relationship doesn't sound like it's ever been healthy from the start

1|0
    0|0
  • Well hun looks like he's made up his mind. Give I'm time to cool down

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you think he'll ever come around?

• Show All
    • :) sure he will. Just heat of the moment

• I'm finding it hard to believe :/

Recommended myTakes