Will I ever fall in love again? Why can't I move on?

I am 24...

I have crushes in my life, when one ended it was okay... I met someone else...

That stopped when I met "The One"... She was perfect in every way, met all my standards... and best of all.. she liked me back ( Or so I thought)

Thing is, I was really shy and experienced... and she was a super friendly girl who loved male attention...

I didn't know that...

I put her on a pedestal, I really wanted her so bad... but she rejected me... ( And had a boyfriend already)

I stayed her friend, I learned a lot about her negative traits... She gets lots of attention, cheats emotionally, she is actually lazy and has no life, she just wants a guy to support her while she raises the kids, she is not street smart, she almost failed university and can't go to grad school, she doesn't have friends who are girls, she can't drive, she blows all her money, she hates traveling, she hates exploring nature, she always has drama, she is not actually that attractive,

The point is... I made a huge list of reasons why we are not compatible...

But who I thought she was when I met her,

I feel like no one will ever make me feel that same way again...

I feel like I will never love someone :(

Also I see and hear so much about how to get girls,

and that leads me to believe that a girl has to love the guy more than the guy loves the girl...

Has anyone fallen in love again?

01

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't think of 'falling' in love. Just do your thing, love will happen sometime. The more you pursue love, the more it goes away from you. This has been my experience.

And with that girl... you dodged a bullet!

• I really know I dodged a bullet...

But I guess I will really never know because the gun never got fired.. you know...

It would be different if I knew for sure...

• Well... I honestly have no idea what else to suggest, because I have been single for 5 years now, focusing on career and stuff. My dating experience has bern minimal, and in both my relationships, the girls made the first move themselves.

Maybe I'll get to know when I jump back into the dating them in a couple of months' time! :P

• It's terrible right now...