Why are guys so confusing?

My ex and I broke up about 2 months ago. A month after no contact he added me back to facebook but didn't say anything; I messaged him twice because I had received some of his mail and he got a message from his work. I let him know about said messages and he said thanks and asked how I was and that was about it. I broke up with him for very strong reasons but we both said maybe in the future something may work out between us. We separated on good terms and we both care and love (at least on my side) each other dearly. My question is... is he not starting conversations with me because he doesn't want a relationship and just wants to be friends or is he possibly feeling rejected and wants me to make the first move. I also find it odd that I cannot see his friends list on facebook...

31

Most Helpful Guy

• You are broken up with only a glimmer of hope that you could get back together. If you were on good terms and there was mutual love, you would not have broken up. Offering that promise that, maybe sometime in the future, you can get back together. . . that's just an old ruse for trying to let someone down slowly.

He has moved on. Maybe he added you on FB because he was feeling guilty and wanted to see how you were doing, but he doesn't want you seeing his friends list because he has moved on. . . and there's probably at least one new girl on that list.

You should be moving forward instead of wondering what is in his head. I know this is not what you want to hear, but I think it is what you need to hear. Accept the idea that you will never get back together and find someone new. If anything ever happens again between you two, okay (although the odds are that it probably wouldn't work out) but, in the meanwhile, do you want to turn into one of those old maids who wanders around town wearing the same dress you were wearing the last time you saw him?

• Yeah. I understand. He's just always been so stubborn so I never really knew what he was thinking. I miss him a lot (although I was the one that called it). I still say, I wouldn't go back with him unless the certain things changed but you're right, I should move on too.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't overthink this. Just go with the flow of things and don't get so caught up in it. He will do something when he's ready. You can't just wait around for it to happen. You gotta get out and be more interesting