I broke up with my ex for cheating on me, but he blames me!

First and foremost I must let you all know that this will be a tad bit lengthy so don't hold your breaths! I met my ex through mutual relatives when I was 15 and he was 19. We fooled around and started dating secretly and I eventually lost my virginity to him. In a matter of months I found out that he started dating another girl, several weeks after finding that out I heard he got married to her. I was heartbroken primarily because he was my1st but I was able to get on with life because of high school and friends of course - because we share relatives I heard so many stories about his marriage and how he and his wife fought a lot but it never bothered me some until one day when he followed me on my way to school trying to say hi. That same weekend I met him at a party and he told me that he missed me very much. I missed him too even though I was dating other people but he was married...I didn't want to be responsible for breaking anyone's home. Several years past and we speed up to 2008 when the whole grape vine is informed of him and his wife's inevitable split because of his drinking and partying and "cheating". We bumped into each other at a wedding and I asked him out of curiosity to see what he would say, "how was married life?" he admitted to his marriage ending and that night we exchanged numbers. After him callings on/off for weeks we ended up dating again, then we became exclusive. I spent a lot of time with his family, we went on vacation together, eventually it was known to everyone that he and I were dating...and were an actual couple. His parents and I shared a very intimate relationship. I did errands for them, babysit their house,.. took care of his mother at times. Suddenly the happy moments became sour as I started to see that side of him that everyone talked about. All he did was drink and party. He would forget about dates we had, wouldn't come pick me up until after 1 in the morning and would leave me hanging when we did spend time together (go to sleep because he was so drunk). Then he got Facebook and started meeting up all his old classmates all of them primarily girls and exchanging phone numbers with them, eventually adding more and more girls. I confronted him about it and he took of his Facebook but the next week he something strange happened, it was the first sunny day in march and I wanted to hang out.. he told me he had to go somewhere in another state with his friends he told me he would be back that night. he picked me up at 4 in the morning, he went to sleep as usual but his phone was ringing and I found out he went to see another girl he was talking to on Facebook. I confronted him about it but he told me I was making a scene. I was heartbroken, packed all my belongings that I had ... told his mother why I was leaving and left. I am trying to get closure but he keeps telling me that ME telling his parents was "wrong". Why am I wrong? I developed a relationship with them and had to tell them truth of why I wouldn't be coming back...help
+1 y
I made the mistake of calling him to talk about what happened and ever since then he keeps saying the reason we aren't together is because I spread "our" business everywhere. I just want to know why he did it so that I can get my closure!
4
1