He is confusing. its a bit long. I need help with him, is there any chance?

Anonymous
My ex and I broke up 4 months ago but are still in contact. he initiated the contact since the bu. We have also had sex a few times as well. I do still have feelings for him and eventually want to tell him but for some reason everytime I say i am i never do. Anyway I just worked with him for 3 weeks and everyone knew we were together and saw us looking at each other so they knew. Well it was his birthday last night. Midnight I wished him one he called me at 2 am but i didn't answer which he never calls but i know he was out with freinds. Then yesterday i said hope he was having a good day. He said thanks and then we texted more. We were joking around and i said something so he said I didn't have the balls to come say it to his face. Well I proved him wrong, but it lead to us having sex which I sort of knew. We talked a bit about camp and such and he asked where I got the scratches on my back from. he goes prob from someone else right I said yeah sure. I said well you are prob getting it all over. he said no i dont even go out and he gave me a compliment about my hair when he saw me saying it looked good and saying things like he didn't remember seeng something on me before I saw a magic band box near his bed. I asked if he was going on a trip he said maybe. I saw the itnirary when he was in the bathroom. He is going for 3 days. So I said why u being secrative he said he wasn't and that he might be going on a trip. So I said ok. I grabbed him and pulled him down on the bed and kissed him and then I got dressed to leave. Upon leaving he goes ok bye and tried to hug me so i said i dont want this crap. He grabbed me and hugged me for a at least a minute so after I grabbed him and kissed him on the cheek and left. What is going on? A part of me thinks there is something still and he doesn't know what he wants and a part of me really doesn't know. Should I text him in the next few days asking to talk? I want to get it out in the open
1
1