Whats your last words when breaking up with someone?

I've sometimes felt dissapointed, sometimes angry, sometimes confused but never showed any hate. Never been aggressive.

But I hear girls and guys can be pretty nasty even if the other person just wants to break up and hasn't done anything wrong.

Last time round I just said "take care" and just walked away.

What have you said most commonly, or what do you like saying?

Doesn't matter who ended it.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Something like "take care" or "good luck with everything" or something like that... I too have never really felt the need to be nasty. The one time that I was was when I was at my wits end after months of manipulative and cruel bullshit. I finally had enough of being accused of cheating (which I didn't do) and being told if I didn't tell him "the truth" he'd kill himself, that I finally said "fine, then fucking do it!" And hung up. Far as I know he was still alive a few years later but I haven't spoken to him since and it's been about 5 years since I lost touch with the last of our mutual acquaintances.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A polite bye bye and silence. No drama ever.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• So far it's been long explanations about why I'm not ready for a relationship, then not speaking again, or the other time was when I rang this guy after I'd been out for the day with him, and on that day out he'd pushed me against a wall in a secluded area and tried to touch me in places that I wasn't very comfortable with, so I spoke to him on the phone and basically said that was that.

I'm glad I'm now happy with the sweet person I'm with.

0|1
    0|0
  • I email people versions of "I wish you every success and happiness"

Yes, I did say email.
    Yes, I AM serious.

0|1
    0|0
  • hmmm I've said

"best of luck"
    "g'luck mate"
    "fuck you"
    "have a good life"
    and other variations

depends on whether you're the person doing the dumping or the dumpee

and whether it was a positive experience or not

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't respond, and then send them a letter of everything I liked about them, and my favorite times with them before saying goodbye. It feels more personal.

0|1
    0|0
  • the last relationship i was in, i ended it.

why? i was looking for something more than what he could give me. he was a good friend and got me through some really tough times, but that's basically all we ever were.

still, because he was a decent guy and a very good friend, i wanted to give him a chance to speak up, if he was interested in being more.

me: "being in half a relationship is exhausting. either we're both in, or we're both out- what do you think?"

him: "i'm not 100% ready to commit."

me: "cool, same here. now let's go grab a bite to eat and get back to being friends."

i met my soulmate a few months later and, while not as close as we once were, the guy and i are still friends.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sorry James ಠ_ಠ but hashbrowns are More important!

0|1
    0|0
  • It was your fault I believe was the last thing I said

0|1
    0|0
  • I tried to open up but I'm not ready.. don't get upset you knew this would happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • PEACE SUKKAAAA

1|1
    0|0
  • I do the breaking up...

0|1
    0|0
  • bye bitch

0|1
    0|0
  • I just ignore the person or if I'm breaking up with them because they cheated then I would be like "peace out sucker I don't even know why I dared your ugly looser ass" but if the breakup was because of a disagreement I'd say it in a nice way and just tell them this isn't working out and we should maybe end it (in person) and that we could still be friends if they want

0|1
    0|0
  • If they did something wrong for me to break up with them, id say so long sucker. Good luck finding someone like me. But if theyre the one to break up with me which never actually happens, i guess id be like, ok your lost and im fine with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorry for the spam but how do I close a question
    Please...

0|1
    0|0
  • I normally dont say too much. After a break up I have nothing to say. They couldnt talk to me while together so why say anything?

0|1
    0|0
  • With my last really serious one, I said:

"Please stop talking to me." because my ex was trying to keep me as a backup plan of it didn't work out with the chick he left me for.

0|1
    0|0
  • Last time I broke up with someone the police handled it.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• " Good luck and i wish u the best things ever for u :) " thats it ! thats what i said when breaking up with my 3 ex gfs.. but i'm still friend with 2 of them ( just friends and nothing more ) and we would never back together coz when i broke up with someone i'd never back to him again ^^

0|1
    0|0
  • i like u but not in love with u
    lets end this before its too late

0|1
    0|0
  • Im going to get a pack of cigarettes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Recently? "You're psycho af, leave me alone now."

0|1
    0|0