Broke up with the woman I thought I would marry almost a month ago. Sleeping at most three hours per night ever since. Is this normal?

Anonymous
I've had nights where I'd dream that she and I talked at length and worked things out, only to realize it was a dream after I woke up. I don't dare contact her because she's in an extremely difficult situation, refuses my help, and only gets upset now when we try to talk. Won't get into it, but she got a bunch of things in her head about me that aren't exactly accurate. Maybe it's easy to take out the frustrations on me, I can't exactly defend myself from over a thousand miles away.

Having a drink before bed is the only thing I've found that keeps the dreams at bay but I don't want to start acting the alcoholic so I don't let myself do that. My performance at work is suffering, it's hard to give a damn about anything anymore. She was my life.
Drink and sleep
Don't drink, don't sleep
Ask a bunch of strangers on the internet for advice
Vote C
GirlGuy
7
3