Do men get over break ups faster than some women?

Good morning!

Do guys move on quicker than women in your opinion? I was talking to my boyfriend about this last night. My last relationship before him was 3 years ago and his 1 year and half ago. I asked did he think that was a sufficient enough time to get over someone and said yes. For me, it took me a while... Could it be that men may just be better and getting over a break up faster?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on the relationship
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

414

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends on the relationship the couple had, and the people in the relationship. we are ALL different and we all handle stress, and trauma differently. some men just as some women get over it fairly quickly, while others don't... one gender is not any better than the other in this aspect, it depends on the individual, not the gender.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I guess so

What Guys Said 13

• They can. There's no hard and fast rule.

• Depends on the relationship/person.

• Quite sadly, I have to say yes. Women are much more emotionally attached than most men tend to be. This is not a fault a woman has, just how it is.

• I put depends. Guys are much better at "hiding" their thoughts/feelings so even though it seems like he's over it, he may not be.

• I've seen women get over breakups faster than men. Can't say it's a gender trait. It all depends on the person.

• Define got over. As I see it, women take longer to get a new partner, but they suffer more in the short-term, so they stop caring altogether sooner. Meanwhile, men may get a new partner sooner than women, but we suffer a long-term damage, so we might still care even after a few months.

• Yep, I only took a few months, she took at least a year.

• Some guys do, some guys don't.

• If he cared then no, if he didn't give a shit then yes.

• Depends on the relationship

• Dating, relationships and modern marriage are disgusting

• i went on a date 3 hours after break up
    life is too short to care

• Men move on via action, and let their emotions trail behind.

That said, a year and a half is a pretty long time for anyone who wasn't married with kids, and even people in that scenario are often dating in less then that.

• Well they were together for 6 years and have a child

What Girls Said 3

• Everyone is different and literally has their own time and way of coping.

• I'd say it depends on the relationship

• Initially and then it really hits them that it's over and they work to get it back

• Sometimes, not always. It took me a year to get over my ex he "moved on" the next day. Later that year after I finally stopped trying to talk to him and work through things he started doing, being and becoming everything I wanted from initially but it was too late and he knew that.