I've had feelings for a guy over three years now?

I dated this guy for a few months and then he randomly started ignoring me and went back to his ex shortly after starting to ignore me. A couple months later, he started talking to me again and told me he still loved me, but soon, started ignoring me again. This has been a continuous cycle for almost 3 years except he had a serious girlfriend for over a year which ended in June. Now, he is talking to me again and at school, everywhere I turn, he's there behind me. He compliments me a lot and listens to me and we have nice conversations, but i don't think he has feelings for me. I've dated other guys, but never stopped caring for him and I would choose him over any other guy. I think I'm so attached because I never got closure all of the times he just ditched me and never got an explanation to why I wasn't good enough. What should I do? Talking to him makes me really happy, I'm just scared that it won't last and I wish we could have a relationship again.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn sister, you I feel like we're in the same boat!! I can see you from the lower deck.

I've got the exact same thing going on. Same with this girl. Who will cut me off occasionally. And then randomly pop back up.

And all I can think about is what a relationship with her would truly be like. We briefly dated, but it wasn't right. It was barely dating. But I really care about her more than anyone else. Like no other girl compares to her. and part of me I guess feels like I want to know why I wasn't good enough to last like some of the others that got better treatment you know.

But I wouldn't worry about something that might happen!! No guarantee it won't last. It's one of those leap of faith type situations, but you owe it to yourself to see what comes of being with this guy that's been on your mind more so than the others.

I would give anything to be back in a relationship with the girl thats like that guy is for you lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am just going to be honest here, I know you really like this guy but he is only using you whenever it is convenient for him. He basically comes and goes whenever he pleases and because he knows he will get the attention that he needs from you to boost his ego, he keeps coming back.

I personally would drop him, only because he can never return the love you have for him. He dates other women and just goes to you when he needs to stroke his ego, does that sound fair? Find yourself a man who is certain about how he feels for you that you wouldn't have to doubt him. You deserve to be treated with respect and like a queen however, this won't happen until you respect yourself enough to know when to walk away from a hopeless situation (aka him).

What Guys Said 1

• There's nothing you can do to make him stay committed to you, you're just going to have to hope he develops strong enough feelings for you to stay with you. Considering him leaving you in the past and basically showing that you're low on his priority list and he'll just come back to you when it doesn't work out with others.. How that makes you more attracted to him, I have absolutely no idea.

What Girls Said 2

• Your just his side piece, when he gets bored or when his other relationships come crashing down your suddenly relevant to him. Your just a pick me up when things go wrong, stop letting this guy use you and string you along. Nothing serious is going to happen with guy.. if you get with him the relationship won't last long cause he most likely forget about when another pretty face comes along.

• Well you need to have the talk with him. Or you'll never get closure