Why is it so hard to move on? Why do I still think about my ex everyday?

gypsydream
We were together a year and were pretty serious. He ended things abruptly and i feel like he wanted out because he wanted to know what it would be like to date his co-worker,,,, He cut me off completely and stopped talking to me. He ended things super carelessly like I just didn't matter anymore.. It's been 3 months since then, we haven't talked once, and I still think about him/miss him everyday. It's like I reach a point where I know I've got to let go but then I think about our time together and think that "he's going to come back" and I know it's not healthy thinking because he might not but it's mind boggling that he could up and leave what we had to pursue another girl, and I feel he's got to miss me at some point. I dream about him almost every night and it's super vivid. It is driving me crazy and only makes me want him back even more but how can I take someone back who put me through all this and thought it was ok? Why did I put up with his bullshit for so long when I knew it wasn't right? I am literally drowning in thoughts of him everyday. I go about my life as I normally would and am very productive/ motivated but he just lingers in my head! I am going to be honest when I say I want him to come back. I think I just want the satisifaction of keeping him on his toes and having the control. I feel like if he tried hard enough, I would take him back but I know I shouldn't! Any advice?
0
1