Is there a way to get a girl to dump you?

Like, not see you as boyfriend material (besides cheating). I can't break up with this girl, I just can't bring myself to do it. She's super nice and is going through a lot, I can't just lay this on top of her right now. But I see her more as a friend than a girlfriend. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything you could do that would make her break up with you is gonna be a lot meaner and more hurtful to her than just being honest about whatever it is that makes you want to break up. Tell her she's a wonderful person and whoever ends up with her will be a lucky man, but there just isn't a spark there or whatever.

0|0
    0|1
    • Don't you think there are "non-mean" ways to get her to be unattracted to me?

• No, not really. If she likes you then she will probably continue to like you unless you're a complete dick...

• So it's a lot nicer to just cut it clean and be honest but respectful.

Most Helpful Guy

• By cutting off and stopping all contact and keep ignoring her until she's ready to give up on you and break up with you?

I think it's still best to just man up and tell her bluntly the truth about hiw and what you feel about your relationship with her and that you have decided that you absolutely do not have the desire or interest to be with her anymore face to face. I mean since it's impossible to not hurt someone when breaking up either way. Tell her it's the honest truth and that you don't want to lie to her or yourself anymore ir waste any more of her time as well as yours and just wish her best of luck as you two go your separate ways from here on out.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• just be honest with her, and since she's going through a hard time, offer to be there for her.
    She'll eventually get over it and appreciate it much more as oppose to leading her on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes - tell her you got a doze of the crabs from an old hooker you picked up last week

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeaaahhh, but that would be cheating... or she would have thought that at least.

• Just act like a complete idiot. Its just that easy dude. I got a guy away from me by just acting up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell her it's better

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up with her. Making her do it would just ass more to her plate honestly. Tell her "Listen, I really like you just not in the way I should for this to work. It wouldn't be fair to me or you to continue this. I'm still here for you if you ever want to talk, I'd like to be friends but that is up to you... the ball is in your court."

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Just be honest, drop some balls.
    Every other option will just be more painful for her in the future.
    Its not your job to repair her, and her problems are not your responsibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're going to have to face it and break up with her. I tried going the way of trying to get her to be unattracted to me and to this day the girl is sending me spam msgs daily and it's been like 8 months lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get drunk and flirt with her mother.

0|0
    0|0
  • theyre all victims who go through a lot

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes