Ex and mine situation, doesn't think we should continue what we are doing. Help?

Me and my ex have been broken up for 4 months. Within that four months he was the one to initiate contact and we have had sex a few times. The other day he asked to talk and asked if I was ok with what we were doing. I said in a way I was but that I'll always have feeling for him no matter what but I could separate the two. It's true he was my one person that got away and I still feel it to be unfinished. Well he said we will talk more about it later and he just texted me saying he has been thinking about it and doesn't think it's a good idea for it anymore. Why would he have a change of heart about it all? And how should I respond? I will always have something for him and believe we were always never had a fair shot. What could all these reasons be?

01