B/f and I broke up a month ago but continued hanging out but I pushed too much to get back together. now I'm trying to not contact him, but how long?

Anonymous
we broke up about a month ago because he's not sure he can see is ever getting married. we continued hanging out and things got better but I misinterpreted that as things changing and he said that wasn't the case. he seemed to distance himself from me a little after that and became extra self conscious of things he was doing with me to be too much of "boyfriend things to do."

now I am trying to give him some space before I contact him again but I am so worried it's too late and he's going to move on before I reach out. I haven't tried to contact him in 5 days. my guy friend said I should give him sometime to see if he realizes he's being dumb. how long should I go without contacting him before I reach out again? would it be bad to then suggest we continue hanging out with no label and no pressure?
0
2