We were together but he got scared of it being too serious so we backed off to just dating. I got upset and we got in a fight, did I blow it?

we were together for about 7 months and he got worried that there was no point in our relationship being serious because he freaked out that he wasn't sure he wants to marry me. i think it's way too soon for that concern. we got in a fight once and ended things. after that we decided to continue dating and hooking up and spending a lot of time together. i thought this meant things were changing and he said it didn't. so when i asked him to go to my birthday party, he said that was a "boyfriend thing to do" and we got in another fight. we talked a few days later and i told him i could be on the same page as him and that i could deal with things being more casual and it not being a serious relationship, but i wanted him to come to my birthday party. he said he still didn't want to go but he would think about it and then he never contacted me about it again. this was 6 days ago. we haven't talked since then. i don't want to put pressure on him about marriage, but i also want us to continue dating, but i don't want to force him to keep seeing me. is it too late? did i blow it? should i keep giving him space and let him come to me or should i hit him up again?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Like the others have said, with different words: what is there is there, and what is not there, is not there. You cannot change , or force, or rush people in any way.

Let it go and concentrate on YOU. What kind of boyfriend do you want? I think you want the kind who WANTS to come to your party, the kind who WANTS to talk about marriage.

And once you let go of your fixation that it has to be him, you will meet a person just like that. It doesn't even matter if you hit him up or not. I wouldn't, but even if you do, you'll have to sooner or later focus on YOU and what YOU want, not who exactly is going to give it to you, or when it will exactly come.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like something not worth fighting for. Be patient and let him do what he wants, if he comes back then maybe both of you can work things out. If he doesn't - well, then there are plenty of others guys that will treat you better and not cause drama. :)