We were together but he got scared of it being too serious so we backed off to just dating. I got upset and we got in a fight, did I blow it?

Anonymous
we were together for about 7 months and he got worried that there was no point in our relationship being serious because he freaked out that he wasn't sure he wants to marry me. i think it's way too soon for that concern. we got in a fight once and ended things. after that we decided to continue dating and hooking up and spending a lot of time together. i thought this meant things were changing and he said it didn't. so when i asked him to go to my birthday party, he said that was a "boyfriend thing to do" and we got in another fight. we talked a few days later and i told him i could be on the same page as him and that i could deal with things being more casual and it not being a serious relationship, but i wanted him to come to my birthday party. he said he still didn't want to go but he would think about it and then he never contacted me about it again. this was 6 days ago. we haven't talked since then. i don't want to put pressure on him about marriage, but i also want us to continue dating, but i don't want to force him to keep seeing me. is it too late? did i blow it? should i keep giving him space and let him come to me or should i hit him up again?
4
1