Ex Wants Me to Leave Current Boyfriend...

My Ex and I broke up on Valentines day (wonderful I know) and just recently I have started dating a guy who was there for me through a lost of my heart breaks lately, he's a good friend, who is sometimes mean to my ex (for obvious reasons) and well My ex just discovered I'm dating him today and confronted me about it, asking why I was dating him... Sadly all I could do is loo him in the eyes and say: "Says the guy who dumped me over text message through his friends phone because he doesn't have the balls to do it in person!" and stormed away; later I received a text that said "You can do better."

I'm wondering why he would say that especially because My Boyfriend Care about me more than my ex ever did, my friends say "He didn't know what he had until he gave it up" But I wanna know from a guys point of view. What do you think about this?

I'm deleting this question... he already broke up with me...

410

Most Helpful Guy

• want the honest truth he's selfish, he sees how happy you are with your new boyfriend and he's jealous that he's not the one that's making you happy, and your friends are right he truly didn't know what he had until its too late and that's his loss stay with your current boyfriend that is making you happy and supportive of you.

What Guys Said 9

• Ugh, sweetheart. Don't let him mess with your mind and emotions like that. He hurt you, he left you. And now when someone else has you, he is trying to put a wedge between you and your current boyfriend. If your boyfriend is mean to him (for obvious reasons) and people are saying you can do better. Listen to them, not your heart, which may very well in part still belong to your ex, who sounds like he does not deserve it.>.<

• Yeah he still does.. And No he doesn't deserve my heart still I can't help but give it to him... He was so sweet to me...

• Aw ok, well I won't keep ya=P You go pass out. I should really go find something to do, preferably outside with some fresh air. Good luck again! I enjoyed the chat=D Sweet dreams when you pass out XD

• I don't dream sadly

and my insomnia is actually a case of,

I fear sleep x_x, I have frightning images flash through my mind and I wake up in tears >.<

Therefrore I refuse to sleep. Worrying the sh*t out of a lot of people.

Anywhooo~ Night :D

• My advice, once an ex is an ex that's the end of it. who your with is not there concern. now its not right for your current to bad mouth your ex, and to be honest it was pretty sly of him to wed his way in whilst you were feeling down after your breakup. He should have been a freind and not tried to be anything else.

Good Luck

-Chris

• I think your ex is a user, he realised he couldn't get anyone better once out of his relationship with you and then he wants you back because other plans didn't work out, I'm a guy and I believe that if someone really cares about someone it shouldn't take losing them to realise what they had might have been special, don't get rid of what you have now for what mightve been just an old fling

• He seems to want you back, but it's obviously too late now. He may also just not be entirely over you, and seeing you with another guy is a bit too much for him. Either way he's the one who dumped you (like a little bitch I might add), and having another boyfriend is your choice. So don't worry about it, it's not like you committed some sort of hanis crime against him. Good luck ^_^

• Stay with your current bf. This takes very little thought. The fact that: a)he broke up with you and on the phone and b)broke up with you on valentines day...2 red flags right there. If you got back with him, what's to stop him from doing it again and or ruining something great you could possibly have with this guy you're with now?

• its a powerplay, he doesn't like your current boyfriend. You are more a territory dispute than anything else :D get your loyalties fixed and weather the whining.

• from a guys ppoint you can do better than both. the guy you you dumped and isn't worth keeping around and this other guy who is your friend. if he genuinely cared he wouldn't want to be your boyfriend. he'd just be there for you as a friend.

• tell you re ex , he had his chance he blew up now bugger off

• Takes time to get over an ex, you won't forget them completly. Its harder if you remain friends, and have contact, hard to move on and be commited to the new relationship you are in and you hope or would be tempted to hook up with him/her, even if its casual or fwb, not healthy.

Sounds like he is jealous, immature and probably broke up on valentines so he didn't have to get you anything, he might still be interested in you, but do you really want a guy who has treated you so badly...hes a total jerk... oh wait that's why you are interested in him...

• He was a toltal sweet heart to me! I didn't see his jerk side until after we broke up! Gimme a break here D:!

• Somehow I sincerely doubt that... you're in HS so the bigger he turns on the JERK mode, the more you'll like him.

I'm surprised you've even given this "nice" friend of yours a chance... that's unusual.

Stick with your nice friend, your ex is an idiot.

• Gah! you know for someone who whines about girls picking the 'Jerks' over the 'Nice' ones, your acting pretty jerky yourself and Jerks p*ss me off beyond belief! Like you are now. So piece of advice Tone down the assholeness. And Try not to be a hypocrite.

Really now? You don't say!? Gee I wonder WHY I gave Ryan a chance want me to go therough the check list?

1: He cares

2: he's nice

3: Toltal Sweetheart

4: Great Personality

5: Great Sense of humor

Need I go on?

What Girls Said 4

• Of course your ex wants you to leave. He has a better chance with you when you are not taken. I think this is a normal response to be expected, but don't take it to heart necessarily. Trust your friends and family... take what your exes say with a grain of salt.

• Still I worry, He's sending me mixed signals, one day he'll be clingy as hell and I can't get rid of him, no matter how much I'm aroung my boyfriend, and the next he'll avoid me Like I have the plague.

• Yeah... that would be a good idea.

• I do not know why you are even worried about what he said. You do not owe him an explanation.. You said more than he deserved & kinder too.

He should have no sway in your decision to ward your current B.F.

You should not allow him to control you, that is all that he is doing.

You could do better - HE IS RIGHT YOU ARE DPOING BETTE - THAN HIM & he has to grow up & deal with it- what is he 5... Just tell him that if he bothers you again.

You of course could have just said " & I care what you think why? "

" you already proved what poor judgement you have in breaking with me- case in point."

Do you think you are using the fact he is upset , as an excuse to think about him,because you still have feelings for him?

You should probably come to terms with that first otherwise you are going to ask questions that will steer you away for the real problem, & you will start to ascribe more powers to his current emotions - which is no good for you.

it is not a matter of simply recognizing he has no right - I think.. You should figure out why you care - it is you you live by not him - figure yourself out, he had his chance to matter..

;-)

• WELL THAT GUY YOU ARE DATING WELL YOUR LUCKY TO HAVE HIM BECAUSE HE WAS THERE FOR YOU WHEN YOUR NEEDED SOMEONE AND WELL HE HAS REASONS TO BE MEAN TO YOUR EX BOYFRIEND AND YOUR EX CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT DATING THAT BOY BECAUSE HE DUMPED YOU ON A DAY THAT WAS SUPOSE TO BE SPECIAL FOR YOU AND AT LEAST THAT YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND IS BETTER THAN YOUR EX OH AND YOUR EX IS REALLY STUPID FOR DUMPING YOU THROUGH TEXTING BECAUSE IT ONLY SHOW THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE BALLS TO DO IT HIMSELF

• He's just jealous. The sign of a very immature guy, but being under 18, not a surprise.