Breaking up on good terms is the toughest?

i just read this article on breaking up on good terms. It can not be anymore true to my situation. He broke up with me but I was not begging or anything although I do still want to be with him. It says freinds are shocked which in both cases ours was. they never saw the bu coming and neither did I. They say these are the hardest breakups as i do see it. There was no answer really given to me as he fell into stress an then one day said he was not feeling what he thought he should or that we were growing which before it happened everything was really good. I think this article is true. Do you feel the same? I do want to get him back but im not sure it will ever happen

"This kind of breakup is so tough because the lingering feelings don’t vanish right away and they may not ever go away completely. No one did anything catastrophic for it to end. I believe that these kinds of breakups can be the hardest to get over because the door is never closed; everything is still unresolved so there’s no way to really end your chapter forever. "
https://thoughtcatalog.com/katie-wilhelm/2014/08/what-happens-when-you-break-up-on-good-terms/

Not saying this is the worst, of course every breakup is different and just as hard

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand and feel your pain. It is never easy breaking up, nor being broken up with. The deeper truth is, however, that nobody owes anybody anything, ever.

I like the thought that it's okay to leave if it doesn't feel right. And it didn't feel right for him, and that's why he left. This doesn't mean it was a rational decision and that he was correct in doing it. But it is his prerogative.

It's often that we want an explanation or reason why the breakup happened. However, this is nor warranted, not possible. I don't think you can explain any of your feelings. They happen, you feel the way you do, and that's it. I like the freedom this provides: it's okay to feel how you feel and you don't have to explain.

I suggest you understand that he did what he did and then focus on yourself. Concentrate on what you like what you want in your next relationship. Don't judge him, just accept it. And don't listen what your friends have to say, it will just make you feel worse. However shocked they are... he did leave.

I know this isn't easy and it will take practice. But you will get better.

I hope this offers a bit of perspective and makes a bit of sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it can be