Tell meAm I a fool?

My friend had a stroke and told me over a text message saying that he can't walk nor talk right anymore and that his left side is partially paralyzed. He told me he loved knowing me and he hope i have a great life. (He said his momwas texting for him). after asking again to see him his mom wrote me saying that he's going to live in La with family so they can take care of him. Im getting over this and i know his situation doesn't have anything to do with me but still.. over text.

Updates:
Forgot to say he sent a message saying "got sick again" after 5 days no text and whatnot.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you're not a fool. He's feeling very depressed likely over this so the LAST thing he wants to do is talk to anyone about it (hence the text rather than by phone or in person). From a guys stand point, feel grateful he shared it with you at all because a lot of guys would (or at least be very tempted) not to tell anyone and just keep it to themselves other than immediately family. This is where most guys and girls differ greatly, women want to talk to others and get support, guys will withdraw usually and keep it to themselves.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Am I a fool?

No, but in all seriousness, he had a stroke. I think you should be happy he texted even. I mean, he had a fucking stroke. At his age, that's crazy.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say you're a fool. You're hurt because this individual you care about is hurting and he's not communicating with you and when he did this time it was his mom doing it for him; can you even be sure the words were coming from him and not his mother? Anyway, you obviously care about this person and when we care about someone and they're hurt we do foolish things sometimes, but this doesn't make us a fool. It demonstrates we have a heart and we're capable of caring and having empathy for others. That's actually a good concept. These are feelings and actions to be commended, not sneered at. That's my view.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you i really like that. ps he's 53

• Show All
    • I get bursts of sadness and wanting to see exactly where he might be. i called four hospitals and after the fourth... i gave up. but then i just feel better again and do my thing

• It really shows you have a kind and loving heart. It is understandable you get sad and you feel depressed, but the fact you're able to feel better again and not let it affect you long term shows you have a handle on what you feel; that's good.

• He probably didn't want you to see him in his physical state

2|0
    0|0
    • Thats what it sounded like to me too

• I wouldn't take it personal

• Thanks im really trying not to. The Sunday before all of this he said he had an emergency with his mom. I told him we will get together when has time and he's like "ok". Then didn't hear from him for five days and this happens. he's 53 by the way

• How old is he? If he is your age, that is very, very young to have a stroke. It is possible, but unlikely.

1. If he did have a stroke, he cannot talk at all or cannot talk clearly enough to be understood. That would be embarrassing for him.

2. It is more likely that he didn't have a stroke and that this is a way of breaking up without having any confrontation or goodbye session with you. It is very much a coward's way out! If this is what has happened, you have not lost a man, but you have lost only a very little boy!

1|0
    0|0
  • No, you are not a fool.

1|0
    0|0
  • what your asking exactly?

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow ! I feel for you.

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• A bit rude as his mum could have called you and told you personally. He most likely was worried about you seeing him like that but felt it was important to let you know what happened. Maybe let it slide and just try to be there for him if they will let you.

1|0
    0|0
  • His mum sounds pretty harsh to be that cold to his friends. She could have let you and others say goodbye :/

1|0
    0|0
  • You a fool

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes