I'm the only person my ex has and its making me feel really sad to move on?

All my ex has is his mom and me. I broke up with him about 5 weeks ago, but we still talk like friends almost every night.
Last night he called me crying. He said when is old mother passes away, he will have no one. The only other person he thought he would have was me and we would start a family together, but since we broke up, he realized he lost that and now its just making it really hard for me to move on. I almost felt like getting back with him and giving him a family, but then I thought I can not be with him anymore. We just wouldn't be right for each other... I just feel so sad for him and it hurts me so much. He was adopted and never had a father figure. His sister was a drug addict and they have a rocky relationship. His cousin who was like his brother and best friend told him to get lost and never speak to him again. He says no one ever sticks around and abandons him eventually, except his 68 year old mom. I just dont know what to do.

03