Im A Catfish, What do I Do?

So me and this guy met on a game and we've been dating on and off for 4 months. Around when we first met he asked for a picture and i just searched up a random girl off instagram I wanted to keep my identity safe, but i feel soo freakin dumb I really can't believe I did that. And now he's asking me to facetime and stuff. I really didn't think it would go this far, and I really want to break it off but im really scared and I dont know what to do. I really love him and he loves me too. I just dont want to hurt him. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just ditch him and go cold turkey permanently. Disconnect forever. If you are legit about your emotions and feelings for him then facetime anyway and if you feel you two click, and if it's local enough you might be able to date in real life or something, but that's entirely on you.

Were you two "dating" in a game such as "Second Life" or something for those 4 months? Because it sure sounded like it.

You could be like "it's time to come clean and I need to tell you the truth" and then you tell him the truth that you're a catfish and just wanted to have fun, but had no idea where it would lead to but the fun ends now because if you know that it is impossible for you two to ever meet in person or be together, then it's time to say goodbye forever before both of you get so emotionally attached to each other and become butthurt entirely over the ordeal. And then you two just disconnect from each other forever.

4 months of dating that isn't even in real life is hardly any real relationship, but if this had been ongoing for a year or more that really is bad for the both of you. If it was local enough, you both can just try and meet up and talk or go grab a coffee and bagel or something.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I will never understand why people use other people's photos and pose as someone else... even if they say to keep their identity "safe"... if that really was the case, you could easily have said just that and not sent anything at all... or better yet at least a snapshot of your body or a hand and such... but using someone else's face all together is just awful.

you get what you deserve.

Most people who say this type of story do it with the purpose to "IMPRESS" someone else, with someone else's "looks" because you probably don't find yourself attractive at all.. Most likely that girl you showed him is 10 times better looking than your real self... which would prove my theory. ...

Anyone reading this, if you plan to be a cat fish, choose to steal someone's photo who is LESS attractive than YOU, so in case that you DO become interested in someone who fell for the fake photo, at least when they see the REAL YOU, they'll be blown away on how much better looking you are than the photo you stole.

My best advice is to just be honest and say it... If things go wrong from there, then it simply was not meant to be. It's sad though if you are that much less attractive and cause this person some emotional confusion/stress/saddness... etc. etc. etcc...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• To burn or not to burn?

He's been dating a girl he met on a video game for 4 months WITHOUT even video chatting.

That boy sounds desperate and without options. If you come out and tell him the truth (exactly like you said it in this question) I am sure he wouldn't mind. Might get angry at first but hell come around.

1|1
    0|0
  • What you should do? Come clean and confess. The faster you do, the better.

Him finding it out will be the worst ever, so do it now while you still can.

0|0
    0|0
  • He don't love you, everything is fake.

You started off this relationship based on a lie. You need to tell the truth, immediately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Come clean, explain your reasons and hope he's cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him the truth. Assuming you aren't a hideous creature he probably won't be too mad if you explain yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • How are you dating if you have never seen him before? Like you never went on an actual date.

0|0
    0|0
  • You show him this question, maybe.

2|2
    0|0
  • Come clean and quite fucking with people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him the truth

0|1
    0|0
  • Just be honest with him and if he cares for you, he will understand

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• Tell him that you made a mistake by using someone else's picture, but you did it to protect yourself. If he's okay with being prepared for the change of appearance and seems to genuinely still like you for you, then send him an awesome looking selfie that looks better than the girl you showed yourself as.

0|0
    0|0
  • "He loves me too"
    Lmfao he doesn't XD He doesn't even know what you look like. He's just infatuated with a girl who has the looks of some random Instagram chick and your personality.

Be honest with him. I mean, obviously you can't keep this shit up forever. Stop wasting his time and yours.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him the truth. If he breaks up with you just because of your appearance then so be it, that says more about him. also I don't think its that bad to hide your identity this is the internet he might be a catfish too.

0|0
    0|0
  • How are you dating him then? You really need to tell him. He will go ape shit on you, but if you want to keep him then Explain to him you wasn't ready to show him your face for safety reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • What about the safety and personal life of the girl's pics you used?

You love the idea of him not the real him.
    People can be so dishonest online so i don't know how you can call lies a relationship.

You are worth more than this. Just take it as a mistake and you will meet someone in the flesh.

Don't want you being really hurt and your confidence affected if he rejects you once he sees you. Even if you are attractive - Men are visual so he is infatuated with her not you. Your personality is forever associated with this girl you impersonated.
    But it has only been 4 months so don't worry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you even bother to date him if you want to keep your identity safe you just an ass. Stop wasting someone time and if you can't even be honest with him start being honesting with yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also you don't love him or you wouldn't feel the need to lie to him.

• Either confess and face possible consequences or break it off and find more fish in the sea. Soulmates don't exist... People with great compatibility do.

0|0
    0|0
  • How is it your dating if you have never met the guy face to face?

0|1
    0|0
  • Hope he doesn't throw u back in the river

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't have lied. Tell the truth!

0|1
    0|0
  • roast yourself

0|1
    1|0
  • So how far off was that picture

1|0
    0|0
  • Watch the serie catfish and learn from it

0|0
    0|0
  • Sooner or later on way or the other he will want to see you and vice versa. Do it now and hope he's not pissed about the fact you haven't told him the truth before.

0|0
    0|0
  • "I have something to tell you. I was afraid of sharing my real picture, my real identity with you at first, i didn't know i could trust you. I'm sorry this has gone on so long. Your entitled to be mad with me. But I had to come clean and apologize. This is what I really look like:"

0|0
    0|0
  • Call Catfish the TV Show and they will help you out.

0|0
    0|0
  • And this is why you shouldn't catfish in the first place..
    He's in love with the girl that you sended the picture of and onces he finds out you lied to him this whole time he will break up with you without a second thought

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I do understand not wanting to give your picture to a random guy on the internet, that can be dangerous.

Recommended myTakes