My girlfriend left me for another guy even though I did everything right by her. Why did she do what she did?

Stuart118
Okay so I was dating this girl, who was the love of my life, for nearly 2 years. We were in a Christian relationship and I thought we'd be together forever. But Last month she wanted to break up with me using the 'I want to get closer to Jesus' card. I was upset but understandable of this. However after some thought things didn't add up and I've found out that because some new guy was giving her a little attention, which is purely given for his own selfish motives, she decided to leave me for him. Now she's with this 'great guy', she's drinking and basically become an entirely different person. It destroys me to see this because it has hurt me so much, yet I've done nothing wrong to deserve this. I Pray for her to sort herself out and come back to God but still I can't understand why she would do this to me. Is there anyone who could somehow try and help me understand her motives?
5
3