How do you talk to your partner when they're upset about something you've done?

Anonymous
Long story short, my SO went through phone and saw text thread from someone from the past. The conversation was strictly business. I consoled this person regarding an investment that my boyfriend and I were looking to do together. He knows all about business and realty. Was mentioned previously that I'm happily in a relationship but SO can't get over that I had a "past" with this. Stupid move. He gave me an option of letting him see the conversation or the relationship was over. I patiently explained to him that the conversation was strictly businesss and was previously mentioned that I was in a relationship. He ended it anyway, after the fact that he felt upset that I consoled a person from the past. He told me to leave his home and I left, but I wanted to explain and now I'm concerned that he'd want nothing to do with me anymore :(
3
2