At the end of a long-term relationship, how long is a good time to wait before you start dating again?

Anonymous
I have, frankly, been a bit of a train wreck since she left me. I started drinking for the first time because it's the only way I've found to keep myself from dreaming at night. The dreams wake me up, and keep me from sleeping more than maybe three hours. I thought I was going to marry this woman. Spent too long walking a tightrope between her and my religious xenophobic family, hoping in vain to lay the foundation for a good relationship between her and them. I'd give anything to go back, shake myself, and tell me to go with her when it could have made a difference.

I'm clearly not ready to step into another relationship yet. Just wondering about others' experiences.
9
3