Would you break up if this were you and how?

I don't know what to do. I've been with my boyfriend for about a year & a half now. Things were good at first but I'm about ready to move on. I've actually been ready to move on about the last 4 months, I just hate hurting feelings or breaking hearts.

Basically I just feel like this relationship isn't helping me in anyway. . it's pretty much holding me back. My boyfriend is a nice person & everything but it's little stuff that adds up:

1. He's 21 without a license or car.. I'm most cases I could deal with this but he hasn't made any effort to get his license. He always says he's gonna study and take the test but he's been saying that since we got together. Now here we are a year and half later & he hasn't attempted even once. So basically I been his taxi cab.

2. When we used to stay together his friends were ALWAYS there. He'd let them stay the night for 3-4 days before they'd finally go home. It took me months of saying something before he finally made them go home more often. This just makes me think it'd be like that again if we moved back in together.

3. His hygiene is a little off. He'll go a few days without showering & brushing his teeth then expects me to kiss him & be all on him. It's hard.

4. He always wants to know where I'm at & what I'm doing every minute. If I don't text him back right away he'll text back to back to back. Then will get mad asking what I was doing to where I couldn't answer.

That's just the problems I can think off the top of my head.

Would you break up with someone for these reasons? If yes, how would you go about doing it? Am I being fair?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• He needs to grow up.

It sounds like you're just being his mom.

You're hurting him more than you're helping him. You're enabling him.

Tell him he's not mature enough for you and that you're going anther direction. Stay strong. This is going to be reminiscent of a rape class for a second.

"No
    No
    No
    No means no
    I'm not changing my mind."

He's probably going to try to convince you he'll change, but it won't chime soon enough if he does.

After that, let him decide if he wants to stay friends.

Good luck. Have conviction.

What Guys Said 5

• You break up when the good outweighs the bad and you're no longer happy

• No give him your best
    And make him your special guy

• Oh yeah.. a real mess... dump him

• Yes.. I would... . Any one of those problems is a deal breaker... ALL of them is a no brainer.

• are you his mother, or his gf? jesus christ

What Girls Said 3

• Have you talked to him at all about any of this? I'm willing to bet he'd appreciate the honesty. It sounds like all your issues are relatively easy to remedy.
    But if you really want out, you have to be honest either way.
    Don't be a dick about it, but don't sugar coat it either.

• Yes I've talked to him about all but the hygiene, but I mean I figured that was common sense.

• You would assume, but who knows how lack luster he was raised lol?

• He is a disgusting bum. Why are your standards so... low? Like how did this guy even make the cut?

Would I break up with him? I wouldn't even have given him my phone number in the first place lol

You should have more self respect and be more assertive. I wish a dirty nasty mf would try to be all on me if he hasn't washed his ass and brushed his teeth in days. no respect

just tell him everything youve told us and say you're done. you won't be missing out on much.

• As in most relationships, it takes a while before you fully learn a person. Everyone puts on a front in the beginning. With that being said, my standards are not low.. I just didn't see all this coming in the beginning. And I do have self-respect, I'm just a very nice person who hates to hurt feelings.

• Sorry, I re-read that and realize I came off a little harsh.

So he didn't smell like that in the beginning? He was just putting on a front for you then until he hooked you now the real him is out. Either way just be blunt and tell the truth. he isn't considerate about your feelings so just tell him the honest truth

• Orospu