Why do men have sex so soon after a break-up?

Hi, I've been in a relationship for 7 years, i broke it off twice, the last time (2 1/2) years ago i broke it off due to severe anxiety and depression and excessive drinking, and 3 months later we got back together, during this time i went back to my ex husband and gave up drinking, and he slept with 2 of his ex's, When I found out about this at first was upset but understood it, just wondering on thoughts of why he did this as the whole time he was messaging me and wanted to get back together, everthing has been great since we got back together but i still get so jelous when i think about it?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• what do you want him to do? sulk? if someone breaks up with me then that is it. I move forward and never even consider going back. It shows there is a serious issue if you can't talk your issues through and feel that "breaking up" is a ok way to deal with problems. I dated a woman that did that. As soon as I told her the issues I had with our relationship, she said "well we should break up then". SO I just said fine, sorry you feel that way. I made a date with someone else a few days later. Then she calls 2 days later wanting to talk and such. She comes over and wants to get back together. I told her that kind of action was just not acceptable behaviour. I did get back together with her but told her that we should be able to talk about what is bothering us and if she ever threatened to break up because I was trying to talk about my issues, I would end the relationship. We stayed together another 5 months but things still were not working so I tried again to talk over some issues, hoping we could fix it. Immeidatey she went to "then I guess we should break up." I said fine, hung up, and that is the last time I talked to her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Helps them forget any pain they had from the break up.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, you said you broke up with him right, so that means officially it's over so he is free to do what he wants you can't really blame him for that. Just forget about that, now that things are great then work on it to always keep it great. Work towards making the relationship last forever.

I can understand you get jealous, but then only you can control your jealousy right.

• Because men don't need feelings to want sex, sex is something they want regardless.

For the most part, when we are faithful in a relationship, it's a choice. It's not that other women don't interest us, it's that we -choose- to be faithful.

But that relationship ends? We're not going to be monogamous to someone we're not with.

• its the same thing for women. you know how easy it is to be good looking and bone any girl you want?

• My ex was banging a new guy 4 days later.

Your point is invalid.

• Because we can.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• you say "so soon" but 3 months is a good amount of time. I could I understand your question more if it was within a week or even a month

• Men really like sex and are driven by it due to high testosterone.

• I think it's to get over the past girl.