An ex of mine fucked a girl within 2 weeks of us breaking up so it's safe 2 assume he was cheating durning the relationship right?

49

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no logic in that. Guys take a breakup differently than girls. While girls are often sobbing away immediately after a breakup, guys are usually socializing with his friends and exploring his new found singleness. Often, this can result in hookups shortly after a breakup.

I once had a breakup and within 24 hours, another girl that I had been friends with for years decided to "make me feel better" by jumping in the sack with me. If there's a girl that likes him during the period you were together, she may take the opportunity to steal him away for good by sleeping with him to ensure you don't get back together with him. Or he might just go find a girl himself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all, maybe just his way of moving on, lots of men do. Women seem to linger in our feelings and take time (not all girl) before we get involved, well more then 2 weeks anyway. But no just because he slept with someone else 2 weeks later doesn't mean he was cheating on you.

What Guys Said 8

• No. I was banging another girl a week or two after things ended with one last summer, and I had a fuckbuddy within a couple weeks of filing for divorce back in 2011. In neither case was I cheating (though in BOTH cases I SHOULD have been).

• No it's not safe to assume anything like that.

• No, it would be wrong to assume that.
    The relationship ended and he moved on. Simple.

• No.

Not at all.

• additional to the others:
    maybe he broke up because he didn't want to cheat and waited until after the breakup

• Not necessarily. It is typical for a guy to move on quickly.

• No, not right. Most guys could decide tonight that they want to get some pussy and they could be nailing a bitch within 2 days, much less 2 weeks.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• i've been cheated on before and i always kind of suspected something was up with my boyfriend at the time. this article pretty much sums up behaviors that cheaters often exhibit
    blunttruth.co/.../

• No. Guys sometimes go crazy looking for sex after a breakup. It distracts them from the pain.

• Not necessarily, no. Maybe it's his way of getting over it.