He was so busted! Can he really break it off with her and never cheat again?

OK, so I caught my boyfriend/fiancé(sorta) cheating on me. His "casual relationship" with her lasted more than 3 months! I busted him out about it, and told him I was going to leave. Of course, the reaction I got was a "please don't leave me, I can change". So here is my question(s). Can he really just break it off with this other woman, and if so, could he really never cheat again as he swears he will not do? And would it be wrong to want to "keep an eye on him" more for a awhile to feel better about it?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• He won't change, he will cheat again, he might get more sneaky, but if you forgive him he will know you are hung up on him and he can keep doing it, and if you catch him again you will probably do it again. People don't change, if he is a cheater, he will keep doing it, don't need to keep an eye on him, you know he will, just accept it or if you are not happy with it move on and find someone else..

Takes time to get over an ex, you won't forget them completly. Its harder if you remain friends, and have contact, hard to move on and be commited to the new relationship you are in and you hope or would be tempted to hook up with him/her, even if its casual or fwb, not healthy.

What Guys Said 1

• Can he really just break it off with this other woman, and if so, could he really never cheat again as he swears he will not do?: No. It's one thing to have a 1-night stand. It's quite another to have a 3 mo. affair. Whatever his motives they aren't going to run well with "It was an accident!"

And would it be wrong to want to "keep an eye on him" more for a awhile to feel better about it?: Yeah, actually, it would. He wronged you, but depriving him of privacy ( even if he agreed to it ) is a waste of everyone's emotional and mental energy.

Ditch him or don't you can't follow him.

What Girls Said 1

• If you want to trust to trust him & do not leave.. If you do not trust him leave, but do not stay with him & 'keep an I on him' you will reduce your relationship to a 5 year old & is teacher & you will both hate each other, plus you may develop paranoid tendencies.

Incidentally, 3 months is a loooooooooong cheat, dud you happen to ask him WHY he cheated?

Everyone deserves a second chance for things that do not maime , or kill, I believe, however if I was you, I would just feel weird about someone who lacked the ethics not to cheat , when agreed with you I a relationship to be monogamous.

It is ont so much could I trust him or what if he is attracted to someone else... It is more of a character thing.

That he did not MIND ding it, that he as little NATURAL PROCLIVITY towards respect a relationship... Thoughtless towards himself & you...

It is just a bit ignorant, so I would think of if I wanted to be with someone who lacks important judgement, before I thought of weather he deserves a second chance punishing him.

I would worry less about him & more about me in relation to him.

:-)