Did this guy give me the shittest closure ever?

So basically broke up because the relationship was becoming long distance (different countries). However he told me this over text. He said he 'didnt want to put a time frame' in us and 'i deserved better'. I was supposed to see him that day but he cancelled. He would always make time to see me, but when it cane to this he didn't,

I am still so hurt about it, i feel lost. We dated for 6 months (no sex and our friends and family knew each other) and i never got to say goodbye to him...

He still chats to my mates and family to check up on me but i can't bring myself to chat to him after feeling soo, 'ugh' you know?

Why do you think he couldn't do it in person?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that's not closure at all. You do have the option to say goodbye, you just can't bring youself to do it. You still love him. You want to be back in his arms, and there's not a damn thing that I or the entire community here could say to make you think otherwise.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people don't have the guts or dignity to do it in person. I know it huts and sucks, but it takes a very poor person to do that and it's a reflection of them, not you. I know of guys who do that but believe me, it speaks tons more of them so rest assured that he is a asshole and that you deserve far better!

What Guys Said 5

• People suck! It takes balls to do that face to face. Texting seems to be normal cop-out so people can avoid awkwardness and hard conversations.

• Consider yourself lucky he was at least man enough to end it without using you for sex.

• stop bitching
    ldr relationship with no sex will work hhh
    at least he was honest

• Because he's in a different country?

• You are in another country

What Girls Said 3

• Being so far away sucks, I'm in a long distance relationship too.
    But you deserve better... I mean he could have at least had the decency to call you. Via text is kind of insulting.
    And you said you never went to see him? Maybe there was a shady reason as to why that is.😕

• He probably still had feelings for you and couldn't do it in person because he couldn't have you. It is pretty shit though over text

• Either distance or he's too afraid/shy to admit it to your face or he didn't want to see your reaction