I miss my ex. It's been a year and a half. Help?

Anonymous
We dated for about a year and there were a lot of rough patches we were going through because I was working a lot and he was traveling almost every other week. Things were fine until he became really cold and distant and just dumped me. Its been about a year and a half since the breakup and we hadn't seen each other since. He texted me out of the blue six months ago, apologizing for how he treated me and saying that he missed me and would like to grab coffee some time and catch up. I didn't give a sh*t about him back then because I was still holding a grudge against him, but I was like "eh, what's the harm? I'm up for it if you are." We texted back and forth for the next couple of days, making small talk and flirting a little here and there until we kinda just lost touch again after a week and stopped talking again. Never even went on that coffee date. I didn't care and just moved on with my life.
So, a few days ago I was cleaning out my drawers and found this necklace he gave me for Valentine's day two years back. I haven't stopped thinking about him since and all these memories of how happy I was with him kept flooding my head. No guy had ever made me feel that way and right now all I want is to call him up and apologize for all the times I screwed up and get another chance with him. But I'm scared because I don't know if he feels the same way. He's had plenty of time to forget about me and for all I know he could be in another relationship right now so I don't know... should I do something or am I just going insane?
2
1