We broke up because she can't handle a relationship right now?

My girlfriend recently broke up with me with the notion that she doesn’t feel like being in a relationship at the moment, but she’s happy with me. I’ll elaborate. Going back two weeks prior to the break we didn’t see each other at all. Normally she sees me once a week as she lives 30 minutes from my house and our parents worked during the summer time so her mom would drop and pick her up. She also has trauma with her ex boyfriend and her getting into a car accident so she wouldn’t let me drive her to my house. Also her having her house under construction so liability of the landlord having non residents in the house, blah blah. Anyways she was going out with her friends a lot those two weeks (all her friends are single btw). Then last Sunday she came to my house and we had lots of sex, basically enjoyed each other's time. The following day I noticed she was barely texting me and her responses were cold and dry when she did respond (usually one word responses). The next day after I get out of class she texts me saying she has to tell me something. Which then she says she’s been thinking a lot and I asked was i the problem since I assumed it was about the relationship. She then said it’s not really me but she doesn’t feel like being in a relationship, but at the same time she’s happy with me. Also saying she’s not leaving me to pursue other guys but that she has a lot going on and feels its unfair to not give me the right attention. After so I called her and we talked it out, ending the relationship. The next day she texts me asking if I’m ok and saying she still cares about me. I told her I’ll be fine as simple as I could. She then recited again that she had a lot going on and she was sorry for making me feel upset but added that she has mad love and respect for me and if I’m willing to give her the time she needs, maybe we could go back to what we were because she was happy and enjoying herself (these are her words, just paraphrased). Then she’s like I don’t

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• She is definitely stringing you along. She either doesn't know what she wants or there's another guy. If she really was happy with you, then she would find a way to make it work out no matter what she has going on. You're upset because this is still fresh, but give it some time... you'll realize how crazy you were to be all upset about her. You deserve better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its hard to say what made her do a 180. You could probably ask (if you're interested). Because she sounds like the type of person who would discuss it with you.

Just recently i had been under all sorts of stress. Was getting really depressed and had doubts about my relationships. I contemplating ending. And while feeling depressed it easy to pull away and not want to drag the person your with arounf with you. I can't say any of this is true in her case. But a possibility.

Either way she probably wants whats best for you. So now is the time to focus on whats best for you. And if that means dating around, you're also free to do that.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• She's stringing you along and you're taking the bait.

"Also saying she’s not leaving me to pursue other guys"

To be honest, if a girl said this to me... I would quickly assume that that's exactly what she's doing.

Think of it this way: sometimes people say "It's not you, it's me". We all know it's you. See what I am saying?

Anyhow I would move on and quick. This is textbook string along.

Good luck man!

1|0
    0|0
    • A perfect example of a guy twisting a woman's words around. All i known is If I had said something like that - it would mean exactly that.

• @PiscesEyes I've done a lot of dating/hookups in my life... you're sadly the minority.

Recommended myTakes