My girlfriend of 7 months and she and I are going on a break, but she said that we are both allowed to date other people just we can't sleep with them I don't understand we have been on break for a month. Should I wait for her to come around or just leave and forget it?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay I feel kind of awful about saying this. My ex and I had to take a break before we broke up because the relationship got boring and he wasn't trying to do anything to spice it up and I got tired of having to throw around all the ideas to make us more fun. Maybe that's the reason she suggested the break. See if you can do anything to spice up your relationship. Stuff you wouldn't normally do.

• Ok lol we have done it all different kind of dates and bedroom things but she is still interested in some other guy and it sucks for me because I have to wait around for her to see he is not interested ever :)

What Girls Said 5

• umm how about you just leave and forget her? b.c any girl who says you are alloed to date someone else isn't serious abt u..so y wait.?.move on dude..

• I hate to say this.. but most girls only say that because they wanna take a chance with another guy and she wants you as her back up plan.. even I have done it.. don't waste your time, hun.

• dating over people but no sex sounds like you guys just should of broke up I wouldn't want a guy I was dating dating and e one else..you need to talk to her and see what's going on first ask her if she's ready to get back together and if she says no then move on a month that's pretty long

• If you are going to be miserable throughout this "break" which it appears you are, I suggest you let her know. Ask her why and what she hopes to accomplish. If you don't then you will have lost your power. You will end up feeling confused and surprised if the "break" becomes permanent. Tell her you don't understand and see what she says. You will not be able to move forward unless you truly know why. Conversation is not overrated. It solves many problems! All the best.

• I just leave & forget it no use waiting around. its only been 7 months if she continues to do this then you'll find it harder & harder to walk away. Better sooner then later... ENJOY

hope this helps,

ifonly09

What Guys Said 4

• Leave her? Here's what I think is going on, and I know it's just an assumption, but this happens more often than you'd think.

She has a crush on someone else, OK? But, she either doesn't know if this guy likes her back, OR she doesn't think it will work out with this guy. So what does she do? She tells you that you two should take a "break", and are allowed to see other people.

This gives her an excuse to hang out with this guy, and figure out if he's worth it. If he IS worth it, she's gonna end up sleeping with him. The only question is if this is gonna happen before or after she officially breaks up with you for good.

But I guess, if you want to hold on to her so much, you can stay with her knowing she's probably gonna leave you.

Breaks are not for people who have only known each other for 7 months. If you're OK with her dating other people, then you have your answer. I just personally think she's playing it safe by not completely breaking everything with you, so that if things go wrong with this new guy, she can always turn back to you and not be alone. To hell with her!

• As they say, you hit the nail on the head. Most certainly agree.

• Thats exactly the situation your smart lol :) she likes some middle school sweet heart which we are all in college now but she doesn't get it he is never going to be interested in her but she dreams about them being together and she is hoping that by breaking it off with me she will assume his attention and possible get together with him and leave me but he has yet to even text her back :) I mean am I hanging on lol with at least a chance we still basicly are together

• Most of the time a girl wants to go on break so that SHE can experiment and try other things. She sets the rules because that is the farthest she wants to go with someone else. So one of two things can happen, she will experiment with someone else and like it, and dip, or she will experiment and hate it, then stay.

Sorry man, but that's what going on a break usually means. Good luck

• forget it, if you care for her, place all ya cards at once and if she can't accept that your not going to wait any longer, then move on and its her lost.

• She told you that you are allowed to date but not sleep with anyone haha okaay