How can I heal after getting my heartbroken?

I was in love with my girlfriend of 11 months. She broke up with me a little over a week ago. I am still in so much pain and rethinking everything. What can I do to heal? I'm having a really tough time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Im very sorry 😰

Heartbreak is excruciatingly painful. After a break up you go through a similar grieving process as someone who's loved one has died. Only they don't feel the rejection that a person's feels after a break up , and rejection is painful, it can lower your self- esteem and make you feel worthless, unwanted and unlovable.

When someone's been part of your life for so long you feel a sense of loss because suddenly, they aren't part of your life anymore. You have to rebuild your life, and accept they are no longer part of your future. That is hard to do in the initial stages of a breakup

At the moment your pain will feel so raw, but hearts do heal and they do love again, but for now it's important to keep active, spend time with family and friends, exercise because it's therapeutic, try something new.

Time doesn't heal a broken heart, it's what you do with your time that heals it. That's why it's important to keep your mind focused on things other than her. Reminiscing and dwelling on what "was" and what" could "have been will prevent you from moving on

Gradually your feelings will fade and your pain will ease. It's our own thoughts that cause us the pain , because we dwell and reminisce too much

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to hear that but the best thing to do is keep your mind busy. Get rid of anything that reminds you of her, focus your energy and time on yourself. What I did personally was set a new goal and do it.

What Girls Said 2

• Heartbreak is terrible :( but everything happens for a reason. Try to use this time to focus on yourself and what you enjoy. Maybe set some personal goals for this you want to do. Everyone grieves differently. Good lucky, sweetie! You'll get through it.

• What helps me most right now is just keeping myself busy. Trying out new activities and hobbies, surrounding yourself with positive people and getting yourself in the best shape possible.

What Guys Said 1

• Only time can heal a broken heart. You need to get involved in new interests to take your mind off her.
    I have been there, done that and had the T shirt, a few times, it does not get any easier. Be prepared for a few months of pain getting better.