Did someone broke your heart so hard that you don't want to let no one get close to you again in a romantic way?

I had some years ago, i even thought of becoming a priest xD or going to study in a country far away from my homeland.

• Yes.
    61%(33)59%(44)Vote55%(11)
  • No.
    39%(21)41%(30)Vote45%(9)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• Kind of. A few months ago I was with a girl who I liked basically everything about and could legitimately see a future. She would always be very affectionate with me and genuinely seemed to want to be with me. Then out of no where cut off all contact. I had never been that close with any other girl and she was my first romantic relationship, after opening up that much to someone for the first time and seeing how it ended up there are some days where I wonder if its worth looking for another girl when the resuit could just be the same. However, when I think that way I try to think back to the good part of being with her, and I realize I really do want to find that kind of relationship again, although with someone who wants to be with me for the long run and loves me and doesn't hurt me like that. I think there is one of those people out there for everyone, it just sucks that some of us have to go through so much pain and heartbreak to find them.

• I fell for you brother.
      Be strong.

• Thank you. I'm trying to stay strong, but some days it feels like I'll never find someone again. I know it can happen but I just want it to happen soon. You stay strong too, don't become a priest just because someone hurt you lol, I'm sure you'll find the one too.

What Girls Said 18

• Most people have had their heart broken. It can have a detrimental affect on you emotionally

I'd never allow any guy to cause me to stop believing in love. If he hurt me then I'd know he wasn't the right person for me. I'd never allow anyone to have that much control on me, or prevent me from ever finding happiness with another guy. It's like punishing yourself for your exes behaviour

• Ugh... I hate it when my hearth gets broken! Those things are friggin expensive and you're damn right I'm gonna b careful about letting anyone close to it again! Lol

• yes and no.

but no matter how much you get hurt you always want that closeness again. i personally believe i deserve to be happy. he is off living his life with his new girlfriend and a kid... to deny myself a love life would be to let him win.

• Yes I fell in love and never been with a man since... being older I'm scared to get hurt again

• Yes. It wasn't his fault though, it was just bad timing. But my heart is still his and he promised we'd see each other again so I'm not letting anyone take his place

• Nah never.
    I never let them so close to me to be enable to break my heart. It never happened to me.
    You can't lose something you do not own.

• This is a normal and painful part of life. I'm surprised for whomever has NOT experienced it.

• Ya I don't trust the same, I have walls up

• Don't give up please. Someone will come.

• Never happened to me.

• not a choice. you either can or can't

• Going through it now.

• Yes. Love is for the lucky, and the brave.

• No
    😂😂

• Yes I am feeling that way now.. I opened up my heart to a guy and fell for him hard, and he broke my heart.. don't think I'll be over him for a while.

• I think I'm feeling that way right now, honestly

• Yeah there is no way I'm letting anyone get close to me or my heart again.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 5

• definitely happened to me about 10 years ago. i was really put off of dating for about 2 years. but eventually i was ready and open to a relationship

• It's been ages since I was seriously involved with anyone. And I'll keep it that way. Don't have the time or emotional energy to court women.

• No one can break my heart. I don't want to be heart broken. I don't want to live that way. My heart belongs to me. I love it dearly. Even if somebody tries , they wan't succeed.

• I can't say I've ever had my heart broken, though I'm still young and statistically speaking it'll probably happen more than once.

However, I think the important thing is to not give up

• What is this romantic you speak of?