If you saw your ex in a bar close to where you live, would you assume she's only there in hopes of getting back together/to casually see you?

I love the little city my ex lived in because it wasn't always super crowded and they had nice bars/restaurants. I've just been scared to go there since we broke up last fall. I tend to think way too much into things though. I'm about 30 min away from his town by the way if that matters
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Depends (on what?)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• How little is the city? Chances of running into him are quite slim I imagine. I dont think I've ever run into an ex by chance.

Just go enjoy yourself if you want to ☺

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol I live in a huge city. Chances are pretty slim but there aren't many bars in his area... so that's what could look a little weird

• Eh don't worry yourself about it, who cares what he or anyone else thinks. I mean as long as you're going there with friends, that's all most people would read into it - going there alone would be a slightly different story.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a bar across the road from me and my apartment is above a coffee shop. My ex goes there regularly and he yet still thinks I only go in either to stalk him, despite the fact that I was going in both for years before he showed up.

I really wish he'd grow the fuck up, get over himself and realise I've got better things to do with my time than hang around hoping to see him

This is my neighbourhood, yet I'm scared to go anywhere in it in case he gets the wrong idea. I ran into him in my corner shop (two doors down from me) last week and he looked so angry than I dared to be in there at the same time as him.
    He chooses to come round this way ( he doesn't live around here) not the other way around.

You're free to go where you like, don't let him dictate how you live your life.
    Let him think what he likes, he will anyway.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• If I liked going to those bars the I'd go unless I knew for certain that my ex was gonna be there. If I did see her there, I'd just leave and go to a different one. Or just suck it up and show your ex that you can enjoy yourself without them. That would really get to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it was last fall. That's a long time. If you run into him just be friendly but make it clear you aren't trying to flirt or pick things up where you left off.

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends i guess if it was my favorite bar and she knew it was my favorite bar id be a little erked. other then that its just happen stance. i had an ex that came to one of my parties in college and when i tried to talk to her she got attitude with me at my house i was like wtf.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. They are exs, they can do whatever they want with their own life. I don't care what their motivations are, just leave me out of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I were the guy, I wouldn't think that way at all. I'd be comfortable enough with you there and not think you had a motive behind it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Did he go to that bar while you were together? If not, he'd probably find it coincidental to run into you there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you're thinking too much of it. by the way, what's that in miles? 30 minutes can be a variable thing (say if there were an accident or an "immaculate congestion."

0|0
    0|0
  • she is my ex for a reason
    but she is still a person with freedom of movement
    if she wants to go to this particular bar, who am i to stop her from going? im not bothered, she can do what she wants

0|0
    0|0
  • Forget about your ex move on already, lol this will only hold your back and slow you down, improve yourself find someone better , and trust me there is always someone better out there somewhere

0|0
    0|0
  • No, those are the thoughts of a deluded woman trying to make herself feel better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if he's there really. I'd be like Hmmm what she doing here.
    Are you going by yourself?

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol no way I'd go with a couple friends probably

• Show All
    • You can use salt to get rid of the ice crystals too

• There is a pinch of salt in it. And I've made it before but it still had them in it. Beats me lol

• It depends it could also just be a kwinky dink.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she's an ex, she's an ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • How could you possibly know if he's there or not?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. that would be ridiculous

0|0
    0|0
  • she's an ex for a reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that this matters but are you currently single. I ask because I have been seeing posts related to your previous relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I was never really in a relationship, but I'm not seeing the guy I was seeing anymore.

• Show All
    • I just wanna give my love to a girl

• What are the main things girls look for in a potential boyfriend

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• Why does it even matter? If I like a place, I like it. If my ex sees me there so what? He can come over and join in or just go about his day. Stop thinking about it. He has probably moved on. I don't think he really cares what you are doing anymore. I don't mean this in a cruel way. Just go have fun and continue to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be that, if he used to frequent that bar before your were together, then it could be his regular. But if he only started going there when you were together, then he might be there in hopes to run into you.

0|0
    0|0
  • if we live near each other and I know he occasionally goes there I wouldn't some
    assume he's there to stalk me. if he goes to a bar he didn't really attend until he met me and it's pretty much "my spot" and he's suddenly showing up there then yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • my ex definitely doesn't want me back for sure. he doesn't live far away, seeing him there wouldn't be much of a surprise

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on if they happen to be there when i'm there

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you miss him and hope to see him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes