My girlfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago, how to help the depression that comes with being dumped by someone you loved?

I was with my girlfriend for 11 months. We had a big fight, our first real one, and she could not forgive me, even after apologizing, giving her time, and trying to make it work. I guess she just lost interest from there. I still think about her a lot, but the door seems closed for good. Now, I am depressed and rethinking everything. Can someone give me advice to aid the depression I am in because of this?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Break ups suck. I think if you truly know it is over, you have to treat it like a death (sorry to sound morbid) but you have to "let your heart heal" in order to do that YOU have to close the door all the way. The best way to do that is NO CONTACT. Remove yourself from Social Media accounts of the person, take number out of phone, etc... Quit going back, and most importantly don't question yourself... if things are to work out they will, if not, keep very busy doing something you enjoy, and good things will come. Keeping busy all the time is key to getting out of depression. I just went through this in March, started walking daily, and have lost 50 lbs! You can do it!

Most Helpful Guy

• be yourself dont let the emotion take over you.
    now it time to takecare of yourself.
    as time goes by it will b normal again nt completely but bareable.
    well it happens to everyone bt as time goes it will heal if you think about youself for now.

take care