How do I get rid of psychopath ex boyfriend once and for all if the cops won't grant me a restraining order?
What Guys Said 3
You need to stop being a wuss and take control of your life if you want this to change! You're a 26 year old adult woman, not a teenager, you have to proactive and aggressive for your own self-interests.
"Narking" as you put it doesn't deter these sorts of people, it only fuels their fire. In order to actually get away from him you need to take real steps to eliminate contact with him and his circle of friends. This means making a number of significant changes to how you operate:
1. STOP LOOKING AT HIS SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES!!! STOP CONTACTING HIM!!! STOP TALKING TO HIM!!! BREAK ALL CONTACT, ONLINE AND IRL, AS YOU REASONABLY CAN!!!
2. Close your Facebook and other social accounts and replace them with new, completely private accounts with no identifying information whatsoever. Only add back the friends and family who you absolutely trust and who are not in anyway connected to him.
3. Change your cell phone number and keep it to yourself except for a few trusted family members. Then get a Google Voice number associated to your phone and give that number out to your friends. Look at how you can use Google Voice to lock down who can actually call you, and aggressively cull any friends who leak your info to your ex. (They aren't your friend.)
4. Get a completely new email address, and give it out only to people you want to have it. Or, if your existing email account lets you filter by address in your contact list, turn on that filter and make sure your contact list contains the only the email address you wish to receive email from.
5. IRL, break contact with mutual friends that both you and your ex share. They are a source of information for him and you don't need people in your life who are willing to sell you out him.
6. Stop thinking that the police can do anything to help you with this. They can only help if a crime has been committed. They are not your body guards nor your unruly mob of white knights.
7. If he does start making real threat to you, hire a lawyer who will work for your interests using the legal system. It won't be free, but it is always a good thing to have a lawyer waiting in the wings to come to your aid.
I think leecifer kind of nailed it on the head. You need to sever all contact with this guy and anyone connected to him. It's the only way it's going to end.
What Girls Said 0
Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!
You cannot undo this action. The opinion owner is going to be notified and earn 7 XPER points.