Does this make me a terrible friend?

My friend who is a bit of a big girl, dated this guy Tom, who was into fitness and things like that for a bit over a year. Then he broke up with her a month ago, with one of the reasons being that she didn't make enough effort to lose weight, which he was always telling her to lose.
Am I a bad friend for not finding him a terrible person for doing that?
Also my friend is going through a very tough inferiority complex because of this breakup and I believe strongly that she should not date for a while until she feels better. How can I suggest this as she's a bit addicted to dating and chasing guys?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a friend like that too and her boyfriend broke up with her for the same reason. And I can completely understand why he broke up with her.

She made no effort to take care of herself at all. I went on holidays with her and in one day I witnessed her eating 11 doughnuts and a 1.5L bottle of coke for breakfast. We went to a water park too and she wouldn't go on any of the slides there because she had to climb stairs to get to the top of them. I felt terrible for ages for understanding why her ex broke up with her but when someone is making zero effort to look after themselves it's understandable.

I don't think you're a terrible person at all and I think maybe you should sit down with your friend and tell her to take some time to focus on herself before she starts dating other people again.

• In all honestly I am trying to tell her that but she's too addicted to dating/ Tinder. It's for her own good since she's currently a bit too weak and would end up hooking with someone and regret it.

• sexy ladies time you guys look so young