When do you consider it is over?

When do you end things with someone? How do you make the decision to let go of your feelings? If you know the person likes you back but nothing just works and you get hurt all the time, when do you stop hoping it will get better?
I have almost let go of this guy I love, he just hurt me with his complicated lifestyle and we never even got to the dating part. I think he might have loved me too, maybe not as much as I loved him, but he showed strong feelings for me anyways. Now I am finally starting to drift away from the deep feelings I had for him.
I blocked him everywhere and it gets easier to block the feelings too. I have cried a river and dreamt about him every second night, but now I feel complete and good without him too. It is just that sometimes I get this urge to tell him how I feel/felt. I just know it probably wouldn't change anything, so I don't. But can I just let go? WOULD YOU JUST LET GO?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When I am dating someone, as soon as I reach a point where I know 100% there is no way I would marry or otherwise live the rest of my life with her, then I end it. I don't date just for the hell of it. There is no point to continue to date someone I know I have no future with. I make this known early in the relationship and I urge them to do the same with me. I don't want to be with anyone that isn't serious about a relationship. I don't take it personally, that is the whole point of dating.

2|0
    0|0
    • Yeah... my problem with this guy was probably that I could see my future with him. I just knew it would be a rocky road. I was scared about the relationship but when it never got to a point it could even have began I learned to wait for it. That was a mistake. I waited and I waited. Now I have stopped and I wonder if it all was in vain? Like, did I really waste three years of my life on a guy who wasn't never even my boyfriend? Stupid, so very stupid.

• Well your not going to like this but it is true. Your young. You have a long time to find the right person. Maybe you needed to get past a certain point in your life and he was good enough for that. now it is time to move forward with something more serious? I don't buy into religion, though I am not saying there isn't anything. I am just saying that sometimes we get what we need in life. For whatever reason that might be.

• I know; you are right. I just always wanted to believe the fact that it felt so right. Now it doesn't anymore, but somewhere deep inside I hoped it would all turn around. He would stop being scared to show his emotions and so on. But I guess life wanted me to realise how stupid that thought was, and how I really didn't matter very much to him. And I am okey with that.

Most Helpful Girl

• When there's more pain than happiness within the relationship.

When only one of you is making the effort in the relationship

When there's nothing left worth fighting for

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You just know, you might go into denial over it but in the cold hard light of day, you know

1|0
    0|0
    • Well, I guess I know then. I have to. There is no point in loving someone who isn't even worthave my trust.

• Yes I would

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! I think I will sooner or later...

• Dont ever let go

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, that wasn't very funny

• No I mean it. If you love the person, if they love you, if you accept their humanity and they accept yours. If they show a willingness to step up, if they show theyll do anything for you then you shouldn't ever let it go.

• Well I know, he shouldn't have let me go.

What Girls Said 4

• When I realize that either my feelings are gone or when the other person has taken me for granted and I realized I deserve better. A loving, healthy relationship is one where you do not get hurt and when you do, it's something you talk about to your partner who then listens to you and helps you, not try to KEEP hurting you. It's not normal to feel hurt "all the time". If you feel that way, you're definitely not in the right relationship with the right guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whether you say something or not, when you let go and you know he is not making an attempt to be with you, that means he does not care. Move on. It will get better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Broken glass think of it will prob never be same u les you two absolute Love

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I would let go. Sometimes relationships or "pre-relationships" don't work out. That's just what happens. I just got out of a 4 year relationship because I finally realized I was being emotionally abused and manipulated. Blocking him is a good idea, at least in my opinion. The moment I realized it was time to let go and end things with my girlfriend was when I finally just have a revelation and didn't even want to be with her anymore because it caused me more pain then it did happiness. Some people don't work out, it's ok. You will find someone that's perfect for you some time. Who knows, if he gets his act together and proved to be worthy of your time then maybe give him a chance. If you let something go and it comes back to you, then don't let it go again.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well, I have let him go several times already and he comes back, but back then I made it maybe a little too easy for him. Now he would really have to show he is worth it in a way he probably never is able to. He has his own way to see life and that is okey as long as he won't drag me back to that foreverongoing-hurting road. Thanks for your comment, it made this sound a little easier, like I am not shutting any doors even if I move on. :)

Recommended myTakes