When do you consider it is over?

When do you end things with someone? How do you make the decision to let go of your feelings? If you know the person likes you back but nothing just works and you get hurt all the time, when do you stop hoping it will get better?
I have almost let go of this guy I love, he just hurt me with his complicated lifestyle and we never even got to the dating part. I think he might have loved me too, maybe not as much as I loved him, but he showed strong feelings for me anyways. Now I am finally starting to drift away from the deep feelings I had for him.
I blocked him everywhere and it gets easier to block the feelings too. I have cried a river and dreamt about him every second night, but now I feel complete and good without him too. It is just that sometimes I get this urge to tell him how I feel/felt. I just know it probably wouldn't change anything, so I don't. But can I just let go? WOULD YOU JUST LET GO?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• When I am dating someone, as soon as I reach a point where I know 100% there is no way I would marry or otherwise live the rest of my life with her, then I end it. I don't date just for the hell of it. There is no point to continue to date someone I know I have no future with. I make this known early in the relationship and I urge them to do the same with me. I don't want to be with anyone that isn't serious about a relationship. I don't take it personally, that is the whole point of dating.

• Yeah... my problem with this guy was probably that I could see my future with him. I just knew it would be a rocky road. I was scared about the relationship but when it never got to a point it could even have began I learned to wait for it. That was a mistake. I waited and I waited. Now I have stopped and I wonder if it all was in vain? Like, did I really waste three years of my life on a guy who wasn't never even my boyfriend? Stupid, so very stupid.

• Well your not going to like this but it is true. Your young. You have a long time to find the right person. Maybe you needed to get past a certain point in your life and he was good enough for that. now it is time to move forward with something more serious? I don't buy into religion, though I am not saying there isn't anything. I am just saying that sometimes we get what we need in life. For whatever reason that might be.

• I know; you are right. I just always wanted to believe the fact that it felt so right. Now it doesn't anymore, but somewhere deep inside I hoped it would all turn around. He would stop being scared to show his emotions and so on. But I guess life wanted me to realise how stupid that thought was, and how I really didn't matter very much to him. And I am okey with that.

Most Helpful Girl

• When there's more pain than happiness within the relationship.

When only one of you is making the effort in the relationship

When there's nothing left worth fighting for