1) She dumped me a few weeks ago, it hurt like hell, but I understood why she did it - she even said that I "didn't do anything wrong."
2) She still wanted to be friends, and so did I.
3) I didn't want our relationship to end, and I made that very clear on the day that she decided that we would break up. I tried to make her see that it wasn't a must, but she insisted, and so it happened.
4) We stayed in touch for almost three weeks after we broke up; during this time, she repeatedly talked about a guy she knows (that she's never introduced me to) and of how she can't wait for him to go visit her. This hurt me, because I still loved her the same way, and she knew it.
5) During those three weeks, she said that a) she missed our relationship, b) didn't know if we would get together again, c) was considering getting back together again, and d) was considering the possibility of eventually getting with that guy she would tell me about, once she gets through the issues that made her break up with me.
6) (And I know how this one's gonna make things sound, don't worry; spit at me if you must) I already basically ended our friendship, because I tried to make her understand that it hurt me whenever she told me that she wanted that guy to visit her. Essentially it came down to me asking her if she'd rather have ME around, or HIM around; she said that that was unfair, and she was unable to make a decision herself, she just stayed quiet for what felt like a lifetime...
So I pretty much told her that the friendship had to end, because I still loved her like I used to and her not wanting to be with me anymore hurt every day that I knew that it wasn't the same anymore for her.
I know, guys. It's all one gigantic mess, I've already ended things. I'm an idiot, she's a bitch, we're BOTH idiots... I know how this all looks and sounds.
But god fucking damnit, I miss her...
What would you do/have done?
Most Helpful Girl
She is trying to keep you on the line in case it doesn't work out with that guy.
I am sorry you are hurt but at this moment you need to NOT contact her at all. and do not answer her. What she is doing is unfair to you! It is going to hurt for a little while, but if you stay away for a few weeks... maybe a month or two. This will give you time to think about what is happening. This will also give her time to figure out what she wants. More than likely this new guy will not giver her much of his time and will drop her. When he does, you will have the opportunity to take her back if you want, or let her go for good. If she calls, tell her you thought about what she said and that you think she is right and you should be friends because you met a cute girl and would like to see where it goes. Then just say... she's calling gotta go! And then give her the silent treatment. Let her come running to you. But do not give in. Be strong. She has to prove and want you back for good. Give it a month.