"Time heals" is a bunch of crap, why does anyone believe it?

There are some things people will never get over.

Time, distance, anything... it won't change the fact that you love a certain person and no matter what the circumstance, you would take them back in a heartbeat.

What do you tell yourself when none of the typical stupid catch phrases like "time will heal", "someday you'll find someone who will make you understand why it didn't work out with anyone in the past", "it just wasn't meant to be"... don't work?

What do you tell yourself when you are absolutely, 100% heartbroken, time has done nothing, you're doing things for you, you're focusing on positive crap in your life and yet it's not working and you have this horrendous need to be with the one person who doesn't want you?

213

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no set time frame on when you'll start to learn to deal with the reality of your situation. I always hated when people told me to give matters of the heart time. Because even to this day I'm still torn up by her abandoning me. Get triggered at the smallest things. God forbid a t swift (her fave artist) song come on, onmy way to work an now I'm late to work cause I got to chill in the parking lot trying to dry my eyes lol.

People that say get a hobby or go be more social have healed and don't care to share the part where they were stuck in devastation before they were able to do all those things again.
    www.herinterest.com/.../...d526926e48447f14f29.jpg

Love hurts like hell!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• If you let yourself heal, you will.

You won't want that person back for the rest of your life. And heartbreak isn't forever. Obviously some things will always hurt... like death of a loved one. But even then you can heal.