Who gets over breakups faster, guys or gals?

Who do you think get over break ups faster girls or guys? If two people really had a great relationship and friendship before everything went sour do you think its more likely for them to reconcile. From my experience and from stories i've heard, it always seems to impact the guy more heavily at the start, but once he starts to get over it and recuperate the girl seems to suffer for it and regret what happened in the long run. Anyone else think this is true?

2819

Most Helpful Girl

• I have experienced both having trouble getting over and on with it... however keep in mind, women more in general like "closure" they like to talk and re-hash and see if there is "more to the story" ( well at least if they are the ones getting broken up with) guys on the other hand, may have emotions a bout it, but tend to put everything away easier at least on the outside... not saying men don't hurt, but I believe they tend to display anger, which in reality the anger is really stemming from them being hurt...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • id say that's about right
      but guys need closure just as much as women
      are closure is different from women closure

• @qwertyKitchen

no im giving examples of different things
      cause hse says she did nothing how do i know if thats true
      cause the guy she is talking about is staying away from her
      he is sick of her and mad at her

each situation is different and each person reacts different
      some people understand what there options are

most people don't men and women a like
      so when you say she did nothing then its hard to believe that
      you know women ALWAYS DO SOMETHING WRONG

• For me not being in contact with my ex was better closure for me instead of talking because I would be hurting if I would have talked to her. It wasn't to hurt her.

Most Helpful Guy

• First, I think it totally depends on the circumstances, who broke up with who and so on... but let's say, when comparing a guy and a girl, both were in love and both were dumped and were in a four year committed relationship...(I think many factors would change the answer)
    I think girls would get over the break up faster. True reason I feel this way is because of what I have observed. with my friends, my sisters and myself. Women express themvles and will be really sad and express it and so it seems like they are taking it harder whereas guys bottle it up. Because they bottle it up, it lasts longer as they don't talk it out. I think in 1-2 year relationships my answer would flip flop

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE