My boyfriend for 6 years broke up with me 3 months ago and now he is seeing other women and spends a lot of time with me as well?

Anonymous
Hi there,
My story is complicated. I hope you can read it and give me an insight.
I love my ex boyfriend so much and he lives me too. We spent 6 years together. I have kids from previous marriage and he doesn't. Our relationship was amazing with few bumps because of my problems with my kids. He didn't want us to get married until the problems with my kids resolve. One day I was trying to solve a problem with my kid and I didn't tell him about it and he discovered it and I lied to him about it. He told me that he can't trust me anymore and broke up with me. Since then he started dating other women. We kept contact throughout the breakup after the heat was over. About a month ago he told me that he misses me so much and we started getting closer and intimate. But he said were not back together yet and that he wants to take it slow.
He is still seeing someone else but he spends his days off with me. The problem is that he said he needs time to decide on what he wants and I'm being very patient with his decision because I don't want to lose him. But I'm scared that he decides to move on and break my heart again. Whenever he is with me we are even better than we used to be but when he leaves I feel that he is so far. He calls me everyday but not as we used to. Just short call and very few texts if any. Should I keep waiting for him to take his time or should I cut my losses and accept the breakup?
A little help from guys opinion will be helpful.

1
3