Is it rude when someone ignores another individual because they are only speaking about drama..? I've noticed that I have developed quite the posse that looks up to me, which is great; but some days I just don't feel like giving advice (in real life).

Naturally, I don't over-react and say "AHHHHH it's not my problem! !@#$ off!"

I usually handle it with a simple: "Keep your chin up, you'll get through it"

Would you consider that rude, being as I have more experience than the youth that looks up to me? Where I could potentially benefit someone else during their times of struggling?

P.s. as a note- on here I don't mind at all. But in real life, it's very annoying to have people text my phone wanting advice unless that's the reason behind me giving them my number. Prime example for the guys out there: "The girl I find attractive, that calls me brother"

*Drops head*... !@#$! Lol

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Not rude, you are kindly responding to them but you are not encouraging their drama. You have a good way of dealing with people. Keep giving out positive energy!

• Thanks CKhan, you seem to be very wise with the responses I've read so far. I look forward to seeing more!

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't say that it is too rude, but just a little. It's just your personality. You want to help, but only at certain times. If you feel like giving advice you'll log on and give somebody the answer they need.

I'm this way too, I don't like putting up with drama that goes on around me, but giving advice to people who have a lot of drama that doesn't partain to me or anyone around me, I'm all for it.

Maybe you're just one of those people, like myself, that just wants to have fun every one in a while and doesn't want to put up with someones stupid drama.

(;

• Every day I love having fun. But I prefer being a working man too ;)

Thank you for the answer Cortney

• You're only human. :) Sometimes, you don't feel like giving advice, or listening to drama.. especially when you have enough of your own drama to deal with. Happens to me a lot, and I simply tell the person they should ask me at a later time or seek advice from someone else because I'm not in a good place at the moment. No harm in turning people down. You're not Jesus, you don't have to be a good samaritan alllll the time.

• haha! I shouldn't laugh, but I am only laughing cause this happens to me all the time. I don't think you are being rude at all. Some people like to nag on and on even after you have given them advice. What do I do? I just tell 'em "this is how it is, when things change-get back to me. if they don't-have patience"...or if I am really fed up I just tell em "I have a lot on my mind right now and I am not in the right state of mind to give you any advice".

What Guys Said 3

• i think you're letting them use you as a crutch.

i find that a lot of insecure people seek out guidance from wise, tolerant people like you, but then become hooked on that support. I think it's best if you say no sometimes because:

it will allow them to learn from their mistakes and trust themselves

it will stop them from making you feel guilty

i find insecure people to be very selfish, because their ego is so fragile that they have to devote all their power to cradling it. if they can find support in you, they will scramble to stand upon that support and hold onto it like a small dog to a big bone. they don't mean to drain you; they're too busy wallowing in it to notice. just give yourself some well-deserved breathing room from other peoples' problems. that doesn't make you a bad person.

• The part about learning from their mistakes is golden; thanks for pointing it out.

• I don't think so at all. I do the same thing, or at least I think I do. I see no point in feigning interest in something I couldn't give a crap about.

• no...