Does he miss me or was this just fluke?

leogyal
So my ex contacted me recently. A little background; We're both 22. We broke up about a 1.5 months ago but it wasn't really a break up. We had a disagreement about something and then there was a lot of miscommunication which ultimately lead to us to just not speaking. Not long ago I had to return his DVD player. He sent me a message saying thanks then another message saying he was near an area where I work. I guess he was trying see if I was up for seeing him or something?

Anyways he had been looking at my stuff online A LOT but then it slowed down quite a bit. Then he looked at my stuff again that day and contacted me. I saw that he was on a trip (social media) and he reached out to me via text. He was being his usual funny self. He was engaged, sending lengthy messages, replying back quickly. He even made an inside joke but eventually he didn't reply back.

Now I'm just convinced that was a fluke thing, my best friend is convinced that his contact wasn't and he's just unsure about how to go about addressing the elephant in the room. So does he miss me or was this just some random occurrence?

I do miss him a lot, especially since the reason why we're not together anymore is silly and nothing bad happened between us. I was so happy to hear from him but I just think it was a random moment :/
Does he miss me or was this just fluke?
1
1