Is she in a rebound relationship and will it last?

My ex of 4 years has just broken up with me about 3 weeks ago and is already in a new relationship with a guy she crushed on when she was a teenager she's 30 now. She said she just can't commit to me right now and wants to be free. This new guy is a total loser who lives with his grandparents, is a registered drug offender with no job and I know he will just lie to her and cheat on her. she always goes to these kinds of guys when we have problems but this time she doesn't seem to want to fix it with me. She says he's a nice guy and she's happy with him and that it's not just a fling and might get serious. she's already texted me crying that he ignored her for a day but then he answered and said he was busy so she is afraid i will be right about him but still is insistent on trying it with him and she's going to ruin what we have. She wants me to be her friend because I have stood by her for years long before we dated and she has children from before me that see me as dad and that's fine with me I love them and she wants me around for them. She has kinda rubbed it in my face that she's happy with him and this basically has all the signs of a rebound. He got with just hours after dumping his ex, she always told me she wanted us to be a complete family someday but is now throwing it all away for a middle school crush so my question is, is this a classic rebound that will fail soon cause I know this guy is trash and should i remain in contact with her as well as her children or just stop talking to her unless it's about them? which will be more affective in convincing her I am the one for her keep coming around in hopes the guy will get frustrated and leave? or try and make her miss me by not seeing her. I'm pretty sure the guy isn't serious about her just using her for sex his ex complained he was a hoe chaser on her Facebook.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 3

• Rather than worrying about if your ex's new relationship will last, I think you need to worry about yourself. Why are you concerning yourself with this woman? It sounds like you're a bit caught up in being a white knight when what you should really be doing is thanking your good fortunes that you're rid of this unstable girl. I mean, if that's the type of guy she wants, then I can't imagine that she's the type of girl you want. And really, that's the biggest issue here -- I understand you invested a lot of emotion in her, but she clearly doesn't want you. That alone should be enough to not want her. Let her go and count your blessings that you didn't have a kid with her.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think deep down she does want me she says she's afraid to be happy cause she thinks she will lose it. So she goes to losers and self sabatages herself

• She is self involved and run to Camelot whenever she needs a fantasy life, then only comes back to real world, stable rock YOU when Camelot falls apart and no one can fix it. Ergo... yes this will fail and you expected to pick up the pieces and self sacrifice for "the cause" and good of others. (What an unhappy & unfulfilling life this path you chose.) Then when you get everyone happy & secure, OFF she goes again after stabbing your heart. Over & over this goes, on & on.

Kids are more resilient than you think and when older can choose anyone they wish as living quarters/parents, even you.

0|1
    0|0
    • She is the only girl I've ever loved and I know deep down she loves me too she is just too damaged from her abusive past and won't let me tear down her walls, she always runs when things get serious

• Show All
    • Thank you For your honesty but I must say I haven't been stalking her i blocked her on Facebook so I couldn't keep an eye on her but she still tells me everything about him cause she has no one else to talk to about it but I'm getting there and know I'll be ok no matter what outcome.

• You really need to bury this quest & thinking about it/her and move on!

• More than likely you were the beta she use to forget her ex and she now going back to her true crush.

If you get a woman past 25, you have to be weary of whether they truly love you or are only with you because they see you as a good provider for them. The real confirmation a man has that a woman wants him is if he got her in her teen years and early 20's when women are more about fun and not thinking so much about the future (i. e. they want you for you).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes