I communicated with my husband that I cheated on him, so why does he want a divorce. Isn't communication the key to a healthy relationship?

Im an artist and sometimes I paint potraits of humans, and my husband hired a nude model for me. He came to my studio and a few weeks later we had an affair.

I communicated with my husband that I slept with the model so why is he trying to leave me, when communication in a relationship is the key to a good relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought not cheating was part of a healthy relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• You're joking, right?

What Guys Said 18

• The twist is that your husband actually had hoped that this would happen, because he has always wanted a divorce but never had any reason for actually divorcing you.

P. S. That nude model was actually an escort that he probably got from Backpages. That's where I look.

• My concern is making sure I get the divorce money

• Don't worry, you probably will. You're the woman, after all.

• He will pay for picking a whore
      But I think he deserve to be away from her , even if he'd pay
      Marrying a whore is a curse

• Well, he communicated that he wants a divorce.

• As if communication is the ONLY important value of a relationship...

What were you thinking? That your husband would simply accept your actions as "OK"? What did you expect his reaction to be? (Face palm... SMH...)

• the trust is gone. I do the same when the trust in a relationship is gone then I leave to. That trust can never be regained. you should have talked to him and asked his permission beforehand if you didn't want this outcome

• 2|1
    • You're definitely a troll, or if not then you're fucking beyond stupid.

• The wrath of a weeaboo

• At least I don't cheat/troll. Whatever one, it doesn't really matter. I'd rather be a weeb than those.

• Do you have Aspergers or something or are you just trolling us? Some would say fidelity is key to a healthy relationship. You don't have to worry about "communicating" with him anymore at least.

• Communication is great. But trust is also extremely important. If your husband feels you've betrayed his trust, then a healthy relationship can't thrive under those conditions.

Also, communication might've been important BEFORE the affair. As in, communicate to your husband that you want to sleep with this nude model, and then see what your husband says.

• You are nothing but a troll

• Communication is the key in maintaining a strong, honest relationship. The problem is that it's important to communicate before you cheat, because if you cheat. If something is bothering you about the relationship then you have to talk about it, not just cheat and say "Well at least I was honest about it."

Why did you cheat?

• Not bad, I'm sure a few people will believe you, though it's a little bit too nonchalant.

• Wow, I'm looking for an Artist to do a nude of me. Message me

• Because you betrayed his trust.

• uh, because you're a slut who doesn't understand commitment.

• UGH yeah I don't get it either!!! Bernie Madoff should've just communicated with his victims that he was robbing them!! That way way he wouldn't have gotten in trouble!!

• are ya dunce m8? ya cheeted on em

• Not cheating is a bigger key.

• no choice and belief
    is the key to a relationship

• You cheated on him. You broke your marriage contract.

What Girls Said 6

• Because you cheated on him by breaking his trust in you which included not having sex with someone else. If there was a problem with your sex life with your husband then you should've communicated that before you cheated. That is an example of healthy communication between two people in a relationship. My husband can communicate to me that he cheated on me with someone else, but that still doesn't change the fact that he cheated on me.

Cheating trumps communication every time.

• Yes communication is key, but you should've communicated you wants and needs and desires prior to cheating on him if you weren't getting something you needed. Affairs happen usually out of selfishness or lack of something, so the fact that he wants a divorce isn't silly- he's not willing to look beyond your infidelity and some people are he just isn't.

• Isn't the key to making up a scenario like this, to watch and people react this way so you can laugh at their stupidity? Lol

• uhhhhhh because you cheated. Imagine he murdered someone and got away with it then told you about it, would you want a divorce and for him to be jailed? or would you keep it quiet and pretend it never happened?
    ps- I hope you would turn him in

• Wtf? Would you be ok if he shared his intimate time with another woman? The trust in your marriage is destroyed. If you don't have trust, you don't have anything.

• Communication is key yes. It is key to work things out and it usually works but I mean you cheated.. and if you don't see anything wrong with that then communication would do no good anyway.