Why did my ex want for me and his new girlfriend to fight?

Tenellex
So I seen him working up the street from me (he's a cable technician) I walked past him going to get my morning coffee. Less than 2 minutes later his girlfriend is screaming my name running after me (apparently she was waiting in his work truck) so she asks me if my name is such and such I'm like yea and she's like leave him alone and I finally know what you look like. She wanted to fight me but my neighbor got in between us and she walked back to his truck. When I come back from the store I took a different path where she didn't see me but he did, he signaled her to run to my house when he seen me at my door. Moments I texted him telling him to stop this shit and leave me alone or I'm calling cops so then she comes banging at my door.

He set this all up because she had no idea what my name was or what I looked like until he notified her. Granted I drunk texted him when we broke up and I knew he was with her but is drunk texting enough to make him this mad to set me up to have a fight?
1
1