How do I stop obsessing over my ex?

I don't think I love him because love and trust are definitely gone but I can't stop thinking about him nonstop. Like I keep having daydreams and constant thoughts about him especially when I see him. Like I start thinking back to all the good times and how amazing and perfect he was. I also can't stop thinking about the ex before him we had a nasty history but we spoke last week (after 1 year of saying nothing). Why am I so obsessed with these guys? How do I STOP thinking about them? Like I know they're not the best guy in the world but I constantly keep daydreaming and stuff. I want this to end once and for all. Please help me!!! I really want to focus my time and thoughts on stuff that are beneficial for my present and future like school...

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I still love my ex dearly and its very difficult to get anything done at all... writing whats been left unsaid, regardless of whether shell see it or not, or making her things, manual tasks, its how I get the feelings and thoughts in check.
    there's nothing that really works 100%, but every separate thing helps a little.
    -Air
    -Adrenaline
    -Exercise
    -manual tasks
    -letting your thoughts and feelings out, on paper, in artform...
    -Work if you have a job
    -friends and activities you enjoy if you can

I tend to try short bursts of those things, to then focus on studying for a bit before my mind zones out and thinks of her. I can't stop so it really limits how long I can study at a time. But doing things helps me refocus my mind a bit...

Most Helpful Girl

• For some reason we women want the unattainable for some reason. If he wasn't your ex, you might be thinking about someone else. I had this happen to me six months ago, I thought I was loosing my mind. Keep in the present, focus on you! Start doing something you thought you could never do. Get a new hobby, meet new people. There are so many ways to get out and do something to take your mind off of this person, and the number one thing if you truly want to stop the thinking and obsession, you have to block off all social media connections, take email away, and get them out of your phone... too much to see out there these days... best of luck