He likes me but?

Hello, have you ever started dating at the wrong time. Worst time ever...?

Ive been friend with this guy and we finally started seeing each other for a couple of weeks, nothing official. And he gets distant.

I started to think he's not worth, he doesn't really like me. But now he s finally told me why...

I'm leaving in a month for my studies, for a couple of years! bad luck hey! and he doesn't want to get hurt. But he really likes me.

I've told him I ready to be with him even if just for a month, I won't ask any commitment then.

What can I say, isn't one month together worth ?

Thanks for your answers. I see you point. Although I really like him to, and I know I will come back someday. and what about:

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving.
Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer,
or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down." - Woody Allen,
my point is I know I will get hurt. But not living passion is not living at all, what do you think?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• What you're asking of him is not really fair if he's really into you, bordering on being in love. It might be okay for you to have a one month thing, but he might feel differently. If he really is into you then that 1 month could mean a couple months of getting over you after you leave. You should respect his decision, maybe when you come back after a couple years things could work out once again. Or you could try long distance, if you both agree to that :)

• Thanks for your comment, wouldn't have tought of it this way. I will definitely respect his decision. But just to say that I'm not looking for a 1month hookup, I really am into him too and realise ill get hurt as well. I have done long distance before, and I'm not really a fan. But I know things won't be the same in a couple of years... I just find it hard thinking of all the nice things we could do together which we might never do...

• I know how you feel, I was in a similar fix myself with a girl who is a thousands of miles away. It doesn't feel like its gonna get better and you keep missing them at just the right time. Oh and if you have a balcony, you do some stargazing too :| But believe me, give it time and things will get better. I always tell people to not predict the future, anything is possible :)

• Hello!can I ask advice again? He has just told me he's okay with seeing me even if only for that time, as long as we both know when it's gonna end. Which I'm okay with. The thing is now d like to make sure that during this time we re..exclusive, which we havnt talked about yet. I know it might sound unfair, but if he really likes me he should be able to, how can I bring that to him? especially since he s going back to his hometown for a week soon and I know he has girl friends over there.. cheers

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah... um... If you're leaving. That's only gonna be grief. He's gonna fall in love, possibly hard, and then you're gonna leave... That's heartbreak.

What Girls Said 1

• That's a tough one. Of course, only the two of you can decide that, but my initial instinct is no. One month isn't worth it. Feelings can get really tied up in one month and then when he leaves, you are going to be stuck on him and it will make it harder to find someone local you can actually date and get to know.

Personally, I would let it go. One month is not enough. And you can tell yourself all you want that you won't let your feelings get wrapped up in him, but you most likely will. Why put yourself through that heartache? I think you are setting yourself up for it.