Ex asks for a meet-up?

Anonymous
Hey guys,
So my ex broke up with me (LDR) right after I cut him off to heal. Not responded or had any contact with him for 16 months until yesterday. He always tried to make contact somehow even after I ignored. I got back home from abroad so he got wind of it and was trying to get in touch to wish me a happy BD but my phone was off last week.
We talked for the first time yesterday. Mostly basic talk and he says there's nothing much going on with him. Didn't tell him much about myself. We work together so he heard from 3rd parties I got back home.
He asked for my new number, so he sends me a whatsapp text. What's interesting before my contact got added, he changed his pp on whatsapp standing next to a girl LOL... my colleague says he had a different photo before he texted me. I am mostly perfectly fine and okay having him as just a friend though that's why I still went ahead to gladly accept the meet-up.
Any ideas why he could've asked to meet up? And the Profile Photo , to make me jealous or is he genuinely flaunting his "girl friend" and happiness?
Ex asks for a meet-up?
1
1